Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Ruud started of with quite a few errors in the first, Humbert actually had set points on Ruud's serve at 5-4; Ruud played an excellent set of games to win that set. The 2nd Ruud was broken early & failed to capitalise on the break point opportunities. The 3rd was a different story with Casper hitting some great Forehands & taking control of the match after saving an early break point.

I don't think he'll beat Rublev but I'm hoping for a good performance & more of the 3rd set.

Reactions: Saraya!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts

Casper Forehand the difference, 26 winners.

Reactions: Ilkae

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Nice, rematch of the Ruud-Rublev encounter I attended live last year. Looking forward to it.

Ruud obviously always has the ability to completely overpower Rublev with his (much heavier) FH (as he did last year in set 1), but overall Rublev is just the stronger player. His IO-FH is just a nightmare to deal with for a player like Ruud (as it is for Thiem or also RBA earlier).

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Nice, rematch of the Ruud-Rublev encounter I attended live last year. Looking forward to it.

Ruud obviously always has the ability to completely overpower Rublev with his (much heavier) FH (as he did last year in set 1), but overall Rublev is just the stronger player. His IO-FH is just a nightmare to deal with for a player like Ruud (as it is for Thiem or also RBA earlier).
Yeah I can see Rublev directing everything to the backhand & not relenting. Ruud must find the backhand up the line to stop Rublev cheating.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Yeah I can see Rublev directing everything to the backhand & not relenting. Ruud must find the backhand up the line to stop Rublev cheating.
Yeah, that shot is important. But it's also a bad shot which is definitely not helping him.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
So Casper played 5 matches last week in Rome and will already play his fourth tomorrow. Very impressive run, but I guess he will run out of gas when arriving in Paris...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts