Mens Tennis Forums banner
41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Glad to see him lose. Honestly Djoko deserves to be number 1 this year. It's a travesty for some1 to win 3 slams and not finish number 1
What does it have to do with Tsitsipas? He is in no danger of passing Djokovic in the rankings after what happened at Wimbledon.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Filip was down 5-0 in the first, regrouped and came back to 5-3 which was a moral victory. Then he fed the unsportsmanlike Greek a bagel in the second while totally outplaying him in the rallies. Of course Sissypas went off the court right after for a very long time and when he finally came back he got a warning from Carlos B. Then he used any kind of sportmanship in the book, served when Filip wasn't ready, cursing when the point was still in play, he got another warning for coaching and for time violation. I'm soooo happy that Filip remained calm although he was visually annoyed by the disgusting behaviour of his opponent. All I can say karma is a bitch!

·
Registered
293 Posts
filip now vs djere in sf, which is i believe first 500+ event with serbian only opponents since canada 2012 (nole-tipsi)?....

·
Your visions will happen
52,954 Posts
The rule must be changed IMO, he should've automatically lost a game for every minute he was late, nothing to do with umpire, shot clock starts ticking the moment you leave the court and ends the moment you are back.

E.g. You are 7:20 min. late, you have lost the set 6:0 and you are two games down in the next set if there is one, and umpire has been announcing the new score every minute.

And you also lose lose some money for unsportsmanlike conduct.
That's a bit much, we would have to start with a single point penalty haha

I wonder what the rules are? Is it 10 min break? Are the rules different from tournament category to tournament category?

·
Registered
293 Posts
The rule must be changed IMO, he should've automatically lost a game for every minute he was late, nothing to do with umpire, shot clock starts ticking the moment you leave the court and ends the moment you are back.

E.g. You are 7:20 min. late, you have lost the set 6:0 and you are two games down in the next set if there is one, and umpire has been announcing the new score every minute.

And you also lose lose some money for unsportsmanlike conduct.
well a game per minute would be abit too harsh...

just imagine a case of diarrhea...

but I agree with a real penalty, however rather with a point per minute... so 4 minutes a game... 24 minutes a set

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
A loud and clear message has been sent. Beware players from Serbia who go down 5-0 in the first set to a Top 5 player and then come back to lose the first set 6-3. Tsitsipas was probably stressing big in the second set just thinking about the parallels. No wonder he needed a long bathroom break after Set 2.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Krajinovic's first proper Top 10 win. The two before that were Djokovic's first set retirement a million years ago in Belgrade and Thiem's monumental tank (2 return points won) in New York right before US Open.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Krajinovic's first proper Top 10 win. The two before that were Djokovic's first set retirement a million years ago in Belgrade and Thiem's monumental tank (2 return points won) in New York right before US Open.
Well, not a bad list...Djokovic, Thiem, Tsitsipas.

·
Registered
5,524 Posts
Credit to Krajinovic (y) This is a good win for him.

What is Tsitsipas doing? I can understand he's disappointed about not winning the RG final he perhaps should have won, but the lack of professionalism from the younger yet established guys is getting ridiculous. There is no need for Tsitsipas to play a 250 on clay right now. You'd think someone going to Tokyo and of course NYC afterwards would focus on hardcourt. Forget about playing doubles with your sub-challenger level brother as well. You're the number four in the world. Time to act like a pro instead of distracting yourself if you want to improve and win big titles.

·
Premium Member
26,452 Posts
What is Tsitsipas doing? I can understand he's disappointed about not winning the RG final he perhaps should have won, but the lack of professionalism from the younger yet established guys is getting ridiculous. There is no need for Tsitsipas to play a 250 on clay right now.
Hamburg is an ATP 500 though: Hamburg | Overview | ATP Tour | Tennis

Imminent vulture alert

·
Registered
113 Posts
Brilliant superb performance by Krajinovic. Wow! He played top 5 level clay court tennis!

He plays so identical to Djokovic. His shots, playing style are extremely similar. In fact if they didn’t show his face, I would think Djokovic was playing!! 😂 (Last 2 sets) Djokovic often practices with Krajinovic and they are friends.

Happy to see Tsitsipas lose after multiple instances of unsportsmanlike conduct… he cursed in the middle of the point. He started points when opponent was not ready. Took 15-20 minute break. Overall rude behavior on court.

Happy to see his attempt to vulture 500 points end.

Krajinovic deserves to be top 15 player. I hope he gets there.
I think early this year, I watched a match where Krajinovic was up against Thiem. He completely obliterated Thiem i think it was 6-1, 6-2 or something like that. Now in the men's tour that's not an easy thing to do against a top 5 player.

Krajinovic's game is awesome to watch, he is a high risk taker. Very confident ball striker with an ability to make unbelievable winners. I think maybe his training hasn't allowed him to rise up the ranking, there's inconsistency. Sometimes he simply loses to average players... he was unfit for a while, but as you can see his fitness improved tremendously. not sure what more he needs to do to really get to top ten. but he's a nightmare, especially for those entitled top player. He is not the one you want to play when all your cylinders are firing. At least now Thiem's loss to him is validated, that this guy is really that good.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The Serbian armada doing what needs to be done to these #1 challenges. Just like Lajovic in Rotterdam, Krajinovic made sure Novak remains firmly ahead in the rankings/race while he prepares for bigged challanges ahead. But they already had Djere waiting, just in case.
Djokovic going to Tokyo is not a great idea. the chances of catching covid will increase exponentially and then he might have to forfeit the US open... but again, we just don't know. lets see how it all works out for him.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I think early this year, I watched a match where Krajinovic was up against Thiem. He completely obliterated Thiem i think it was 6-1, 6-2 or something like that. Now in the men's tour that's not an easy thing to do against a top 5 player.

Krajinovic's game is awesome to watch, he is a high risk taker. Very confident ball striker with an ability to make unbelievable winners. I think maybe his training hasn't allowed him to rise up the ranking, there's inconsistency. Sometimes he simply loses to average players... he was unfit for a while, but as you can see his fitness improved tremendously. not sure what more he needs to do to really get to top ten. but he's a nightmare, especially for those entitled top player. He is not the one you want to play when all your cylinders are firing. At least now Thiem's loss to him is validated, that this guy is really that good.
He is very talented player, but inconsistent due to his lifestyle off the court...He is more into going to the parties etc. and I think he is very satisfied with his lifestyle...He has enough money, has a good lifestyle, very popular among the girls etc. and his tennis is good enough to support that without any major sacrifices...What would you need more...

41 - 60 of 82 Posts