Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well done Mayer! Possible USO seeding, and career high rank! Now keep it up, and please don't pull a Golubev. Please.

Up to 27 I believe, and 19 in the Race.

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
Hamburg F: L.Mayer def. (1/WC) Ferrer 6-7 (4-7) 6-1 7-6 (7-4)

Incredible week for Leo.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Re: Hamburg Final: L. Mayer def. Ferrer 6-7(3), 6-1, 7-6(4)

Mayer should really have won in straight sets. Congrats!

Ferrer is really declined though.

·
Registered
57,598 Posts

Biggest choker in the fucking world.
2/7 BP saved, 3/8 BP converted, that ridiculous decisive miss in the tiebreak. Unreal. And to Mayer of all people.

The thing is, I actually think he's playing a bit better than he did last year. But becoming a bigger choker than Almagro is making his results even worse.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts

Vulture :haha::bigwave:

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Nice. Leo Mayer has a cool style :yeah:

Congrats :hug:

And the loss of Dominic doesn't sound that bad now after all, losing to the eventual winner! :)

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
yesyesyesyes!! I couldn't believe that Mayer didn't choke that final TB, amazing victory for him definitely!! :) Ferru's decline goes on steadily.

·
Registered
21,399 Posts
Very high quality match up until 7-6 1-3* 40-0, after which Ferrer completely went away. Mayer choked while serving for the match at 5-4 and hit a double fault at 4-2 in the tiebreak, but Ferrer immediately hit a ridiculous choke shot himself after that :lol:

All in all a deserved winner, Mayer played exceptional tennis throughout :worship:

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Mayer deserves an ATP 500 title and I am happy for him.
Great tennis, good serving.
He was clearly nervous but he made it.

For me Mayer is a Top 32 player which means a seed at slams.

He showed especially at Slams against top players his huge potential.

On the other hand he was very disappointing in ATP 250/ ATP 500 so far.
Until this week.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Well done Mayer, i thought Ferrer will win this, but Mayer didn ´t lost set in this tournament until F and it was only tie-break today, so deserved title, but his level is really great, he already was great at Wimbledon making R16 and people laughing he has no business to be in R16 and now out of nowhere 1st ATP world tour level tournament is 500 level Hamburg

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
congrats Leo :hatoff:

as for David shut up whinny bitch :mad:

·
Registered
222 Posts
yes! The better player won. Mayer was playing really well throughout the tournament. He clearly outplayed ferrer today, should`ve won it two. His backhand was simply amazing.

Bye vulture!

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
No choke from Ferrer at all. Mayer was better the whole match except in the 1st set tb where Ferrer gave everything he had. Mayer's game is more effortless and the serve gave him an edge here. Completely deserved win for Mayer.

·
Registered
20,731 Posts
Tomorrow will be 27th in the rankings, 19th in the race.

Obvious comparison with Golubev, who won here then forgot how to play tennis for two years. Happens all too often with players who make the sudden leap up like he has - they're suddenly playing all the masters and 500s, and losing early because the fields are so strong.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Ferrer cant stop badmouthing :facepalm:

Congrats Mayer, I love your aggresive style, finally showed some balls and got a title!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
:spit: Ferrer can't even vulture hamburg where he didn't face anyone in top 30. :haha:

Congrats mayer :)

1 - 20 of 86 Posts