Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who Would Win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
23,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ferrer seemed to be cruising on his matches relatively with ease, met the easiest in terms of seeding in the R16, met a an out of form Andujar (sad that he wasn't able to really get momentum after almost defeating Nadal in Rio), and met "wunderkind" Zverev who seemed to have his worst match in the tournament (although while Ferrer was the favorite at least Zverev could've gotten more games). Meanwhile, we have Mayer who had a good run in here it seems beating Thiem and Kohli quite well and not yet dropping a Set. Reliability of Ferrer probably triumphs here but I kind of wish for Mayer to win this because he has been playing well against Thiem and Kohli as I said and it would be a good end to his momentum run on Clay.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Ferrer seemed to be cruising on his matches relatively with ease, met the easiest in terms of seeding in the R16, met a an out of form Andujar (sad that he wasn't able to really get momentum after almost defeating Nadal in Rio), and met "wunderkind" Zverev who seemed to have his worst match in the tournament (although while Ferrer was the favorite at least Zverev could've gotten more games). Meanwhile, we have Mayer who had a good run in here it seems beating Thiem and Kohli quite well and not yet dropping a Set. Reliability of Ferrer probably triumphs here but I kind of wish for Mayer to win this because he has been playing well against Thiem and Kohli as I said and it would be a good end to his momentum run on Clay.
I can't see anyone beating Ferrer in the final. The guys on fire. I expected him to beat the 17 year old German, but not that easily.

I was going to bet on Ferrer in the final. But now the bookies will have him at some ridiculous odds on price 1/10 or something so there'll be no value there.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
ferrer in 2

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
ferrer to destroy this mug in 3

·
Registered
57,592 Posts
Ferrer has played great the last couple rounds after really struggling at the start of the event. Hopefully that is enough, or at least Mayer has a baseball day.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
I thought no thread for this F:d Ferrer is favorit obviously, but MAyer haven´t los set so far, but maybe pressure can got him, never was so far i mean he only played 1 ATP 250 final - lost to Fognini in Chile i think it was at the beginnin of this year, now only his 2nd ATP tour final and 500 level tournament vs top 10 guy i think he won ´t play as good as he played this tournament, while Ferrer might play his best match of the tournament so Ferrer in 2 sets

·
Registered
449 Posts
It's going to be a good tussle but Ferrer has wound his way back into some good form and on clay its too hard to look past him. Ferrer in 3.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts