Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
That was worst Fed's match for some time. He looked rusty or is just slighlty tired. I wonder if he didn't play too much on clay.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Millman played really well! First grass match is always tricky, even though he made a lot of errors it was good to see Federer go for his forehands like he was on Clay. Maybe playing clay will help his Forehand attack.

·
Registered
11,071 Posts
Well first grass match is always iffy to be expected. Nonetheless, he still won in straights so that's a positive.

·
Premium Member
20,578 Posts

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Millman did his part and earned his glory for providing a great service to tennis at USO2018. This irrelevant match will not erase that.
This was the worst service he could’ve possibly provided for tennis because it allowed lucky djokovic another cheap slam title without having to play anyone serious...

·
Registered
295 Posts
This was the worst service he could’ve possibly provided for tennis because it allowed lucky djokovic another cheap slam title without having to play anyone serious...
Not Novak's fault that Fed decided to tank the match in order to avoid playing him

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
The bench looks good, but from a practical perspective the design is a bit silly. Just make it a board instead of bars for the seat.
I guess so. Not a big deal tho. Cool move by Millman to lift it up in blue collar fashion like a regular Joe. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
That was worst Fed's match for some time. He looked rusty or is just slighlty tired. I wonder if he didn't play too much on clay.
Millman played really well! First grass match is always tricky, even though he made a lot of errors it was good to see Federer go for his forehands like he was on Clay. Maybe playing clay will help his Forehand attack.
I can't help it but I always love it when posts like these are directly after each other. :nerd:

Couldnt see the match myself. Glad that he won. Get that grass game flowing.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Decent match from both. Not the highest level yet, but that's normal at the start of the grass season. Federer showed his class in the breaker.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Fed played lot of TBs on grass last year leading up to Wimby. Wasn't good and his ROS was awful. Hopefully this match wasn't a precursor of things to come.

I really want to see a Fed - Novak grass match before they both retire. Hope it's this Wimby

·
Registered
10,449 Posts
Nice to see Federer doing well after a busy-ish (towards the end at least) clay season, he's aiming for two titles, let's see if he can achieve it. Tsonga next, should be fun.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts