Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't get Monfils, complete clowning... It didn't make any sense... He was laughing and smiling with the crowd while giving up 3 double faults in the game he got broken in... I question why I am a fan 90% of the time but he is likable and he still has potential to be at the top, he just has to stay focused, which is something he seems incapable of doing.

·
Registered
21,308 Posts
Kei too professional and classy to lose to a guy slipping sliding like he's at water park.

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
I question why I am a fan 90% of the time but he is likable.
Can't say I agree. Always bickers with the umps and himself, and makes a mockery of the game whenever he feels like it. At this point, I am surprised any real tennis fans still support him as he doesn't respect them back.

·
Registered
18,092 Posts
Good match, even if very streaky. At the end of the day, the player who actually cares about winning tennis matches/tournaments won

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Monfils is so talented but he will stay clown forever. Gulbis is the same ,Wawrinka at least won a GS, Tsonga has great game but he is the same as Monfils. Those guys just like the life more than tennis and feel happy that way. The life is short !!!

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
monfils is such a moron. you could see that if he had kept his head on straight the whole time he probably would have won this. Kei had no answers for gael in that second set and early on in the 3rd and then out of nowhere gael gets broken. he broke back and then threw in another bad service game to allow kei to serve for the match

i like kei so im happy he won though and that i was wrong

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
samurai is back :woohoo:

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Monfils is so talented but he will stay clown forever. Gulbis is the same ,Wawrinka at least won a GS, Tsonga has great game but he is the same as Monfils. Those guys just like the life more than tennis and feel happy that way. The life is short !!!
Yeah... uh huh..."the" life is so short that you cannot waste time in concentrating a bit harder during a tennis match. Why bother wasting your time playing if you are not going to stay focused? Nevertheless I am glad he lost so I hope he clowns away his "talent" and career. :rolleyes::wavey:

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
His talent is overrated. He can´t constantly rally, he can only hit hard or push. After watching his dancing skills at PC I think that he should have started a career there ;)

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
How Kei is playing? Any comments rather than clown, he'll never learn.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
in the first set , monfils played like crap but kei played really well. second set monfils raised his level and kei's dropped a bit.3rd set they both played well until 3-2 for kei and then gael started clowning again. it has to be said though that the points kei played to break gael for 5-3 in the 3rd were great

it also has to be said that when gael was serving and playing well kei had no answers and i feel like if he had continued to serve and play as he did in the 2nd set he would have won the 3rd

·
Registered
18,092 Posts
He played solid and smart, with the usual awesome returning. More importantly, he seems 100% fit.

Hope he gets to play Federer in the SF here, would be a great test going into Wimbledon.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Kei too professional and classy to lose to a guy slipping sliding like he's at water park.
the difference in personality is hilarious lol thought this would be a competitive match and Kei got through it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts