Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some really impressive stuff by the Italian. I saw him playing first on clay back in April (in that match he wasn't at his best tbf), but here he still excels after his good run in Stuttgart.
Some very clutch decisions, really hard to figure out by Khachanov. Very good at the back of the court and also at the net.
Finishing with an agressive volley at the end.
We have a new prospect here, for sure, a resident Top 10er to come at least.

Match stats:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Re: Halle R3: Berrettini def. [3] Khachanov 6-2, 7-6 (4)

Better and more complete player won, never lost serve and score could've been harsher (had bp for 5-0 in the first, and in 4 different return games in the second). H2H now 3-0 and top-20 ranking in sight, his current level on grass is surely top-15 at least.

Khachanov is seriously overranked, did nothing all year besides a pretty lucky draw at RG.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Re: Halle R3: Berrettini def. [3] Khachanov 6-2, 7-6 (4)

he has a very bright future for sure, lets see how he does at wimbledon!

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Matteo showed great tennis and was much better player today. It could've been 6-0 6-2, but he was too nervous during bp chances and Khachanov was clutch. The tie-break was very high quality.

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
Re: Halle R3: Berrettini def. [3] Khachanov 6-2, 7-6(4)

Expected result, Berretini was even the bookies favourite here. Actually back-to-back matches for Khachanov where he has been the betting underdog. Has this ever happened before with a top 10 player agaist two players ranked outside the top 20? Probably not too often.

·
Registered
8,903 Posts

he is on a roll but i am worried he is going to overplay and crash out early at wimbledon.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,612 Posts

He could be very dangerous at Wimbledon

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

I really hope he skips Eastbourne to save himself for Wimbledon.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts

Berrettini :dance:
Khachanov :hug:

Only watched the second set but it was good tennis from both :yeah: The Italian had many chances to break but Khacha dug deep and at least made the set competitive. Yet the winner was never in doubt - think hope Berrettini comes through this half now :)

·
Registered
5,163 Posts

·
Registered
28,788 Posts
Heh Berrettini is having a great run of form. Excellent stuff, I hope he beats Goffin too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts