Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Pospisil was 1.22 favourite, I wonder if he somehow knows he will get in as lucky loser..
no, they no longer automatically take the highest seed losing in the final round qualies, its a lottery now.. so berankis was just better or pospisil was utterly horrendous.. berankis broke pospisil 4 times in 2 sets on grass, so that tells us what a joke pospisil is

·
Super Moderator
8,828 Posts
no, they no longer automatically take the highest seed losing in the final round qualies, its a lottery now.. so berankis was just better or pospisil was utterly horrendous.. berankis broke pospisil 4 times in 2 sets on grass, so that tells us what a joke pospisil is
Just like nobody knew Bachinger would become the Lucky Loser after losing to Zverev here...

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
a much needed win for rycka. i hope he can get some good results on grass this season, clay was a disaster for him. he is good on this surface so the win really isnt that surprising.

·
Registered
26,102 Posts
First set Pospisil won 6/17 on first serve if you don't count the 11 aces, and 2/10 on second serve. Bachinger should be ashamed.

·
Super Moderator
62,010 Posts
Pospisil was 1.22 favourite, I wonder if he somehow knows he will get in as lucky loser..
Why was he, though? It's not like he's done that much better than Berankis on grass previously. I wondered if there were injury concerns for Berankis at those odds. Glad to see him through regardless :)

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Surprised Pospisil was beaten so comfortably. As Rumblingbelly says wouldn't surprise me if he's been given the nod on a lucky loser spot in the main draw.

·
Super Moderator
8,828 Posts
Why was he, though? It's not like he's done that much better than Berankis on grass previously. I wondered if there were injury concerns for Berankis at those odds. Glad to see him through regardless :)
Well, this match was just his first top 100 win on grass, so I wasn't really surprised about these odds. Vashy had some great results last year, so really impressed about Rick's win.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Surprised Pospisil was beaten so comfortably. As Rumblingbelly says wouldn't surprise me if he's been given the nod on a lucky loser spot in the main draw.
he doesnt strike me as the type of guy to throw any match anyway. but i hope not. lucky loser spots should be done away with

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
that's like his first good win in ages lol...
and btw, he gets Boredo on grass as a reward and no LL spot for Popsicle as well:haha:

·
Registered
11,290 Posts
Berankis was straightsetted by Lapentti in the last year's tournament.

·
Registered
11,290 Posts
Who has Pospisil beaten on grass, then? Rosol 2012? Struff 2014? Not exactly a world beater.
Vasek broke through way after Berankis did. Consequently, he played just a couple of grass events as a legit tour player.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts