Mens Tennis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
361 - 380 of 423 Posts

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
He wasn't :shrug: He won a few 250 tourneys against mugs on fast grass and that suddenly makes him an elite fast grass courter? :spit:
Umm .. do these nonsensical arguments work with your peers?

There are realistically two grass court tourneys you can play in a season. He has a great record at both of them. :rolleyes:

He admitted himself that slowed surfaces helped him win more slams, that's not me making shit up, that's the words straight out of your hero's mouth.
Sure it did. This doesn't prove your false assertions that he is poor on fast grass.

Sure I never doubted your (lack of) reasoning skills. You don't need to keep on proving my case. :)

Olderer is a baseliner. Slower surfaces help him to dictate with forehand and set up points. It's no surprise his last slam win and slam final were on slow surfaces (AO and RG) - while failing to make even a SF on relatively faster surface of Wimby for the last 2 years.

Fedtards like you claim Olderer is some kind of elite all court player when in reality he's a baseliner like Nadal/Djokovic who was helped by surface homogenization just like they were. :superlol:
All court player != Base liner

He was good enough to adapt to a baseline game as the conditions were slowed to help the one-trick pony you adore. :wavey:

·
Registered
13,526 Posts
That's BS and we all know it. Someone saying Fed has no chance and will lose early at Wimbledon fails to realise that having such expectations of a 31-year-old is huge and demonstrates his greatness. I have been temped to neg quite a few today. Disappointment is understandable but at least wait until after he actually loses at SW19 to be disappointed. Even then nothing will take away the numerous moments of magic Federer has given me.
Exactly, hence why my ignore list just got expanded.

·
Registered
24,687 Posts
Haas played better in the final than he did in the SF but I wouldn't say he played great in either. I'm still baffled as to why he stopped coming to the net in the last 3 matches. Can't really argue though since he won the last 3 matches :shrug:

As for the point about Federer you should read this thread again. I'm not talking about every Federer fan of course. The sense of entitlement displayed by some is disgusting and several that clearly give no credit to his opponents ever.
have you put Haas's winning trophy photo into your newly bought undie? :lol:

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Usually I tend to bash topspindoctor for his troll-like comments, but after thinking the topic over I incline to agree with him.
During yesterday's final I noticed Federer was struggling with the court conditions big time, it seemed obvious to me that the surface suited Haas a lot more.
It may be a quite risky theory, yet I do believe Roger feels more comfortable on medium-paced low-bounce grass.
I think Federer would face more trouble against players like Roddick, Tsonga on real fast grass.
We all thought grass emphasizes Fed's tennis until Nadal showed up and exposed Roger's weaknesses on all surfaces, hence the "slow-down benefit" idea.

·
Registered
27,177 Posts
You're so obsessed with my Hasi panties Mimi :dance:

·
Registered
24,687 Posts
You're so obsessed with my Hasi panties Mimi :dance:
come on, if i were you, i gonna make a newest one, to celebrate his winning a title over goat roger at the "old" age of 34 and i gonna buy a larger size too so that the photo would appear bigger :haha:

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Olderer is a baseliner. Slower surfaces help him to dictate with forehand and set up points. It's no surprise his last slam win and slam final were on slow surfaces (AO and RG) - while failing to make even a SF on relatively faster surface of Wimby for the last 2 years.

Fedtards like you claim Olderer is some kind of elite all court player when in reality he's a baseliner like Nadal/Djokovic who was helped by surface homogenization just like they were. :superlol:
Talking Bullshi!t.

All the top 4 benefited from surface homogenization - it's the reason they can dominate all year round so easily. Federer benefited the least out of all of them, but he still benefited.
Talking sense.

Topspinclown :hug:

·
Registered
27,177 Posts
Haas = unbeatable in finals since 2002.

·
Banned
692 Posts
federer is washed up, kapputt, finished, done. the fact that he lost in straights to the tournament Wild Card who happens to be a 34 year old german veteran recovering from his 2353th serious career threatening injury already tells you that he's a shadow of his former self, a "self" who was one praised with glory and admired by a shitload of tards. it is to this memory that fedtards like to grip onto. nevertheless that memory is long gone, same as the one of being "great" in grass. it is for this reason that i encourage every fed fan to go to his website or to his facebook and ask him to call it a day now. it's every fan's right to ask for their favourite player to quit once they know it's time to let it go. the ideal thing would be that federer himself would take that decision like sampras righfuly did 10 years ago but it seems that federer is in denial so he needs the push and, furthermore, with time he'll apprecciate it.

thanks
This.

Muger, your Fans are now literally BEGGING you to Retire NOW!!! :mad: They are on their hands and knees PLEADING for some mercy, begging for the END of Futility and the endless Sadistic Pain of Disappointment, some surely sinking into deep holes of depression because ONLY NOW can they SEE that you ARE a Fraud, always HAVE BEEN a Fraud, and always WILL BE a Fraud. Muger, these sweet sheeple need to have their fantasies in life to SURVIVE! :mad: They cannot HANDLE the Truth that Muger Frauderer is FINISHED! :sad: You need you to Retire so that their Innocent Delusions of Grandeur are maintained as Fortress Walls around their crumbling Psyches. These Boundaries they are keeping up with tape and glue cannot withstand the onslaught of your HUMILIATING Failures much longer...

And why would any sane Tennis Fan ever want the Eternal Presence of this sickening Phony that plays weak sauce Tennis and is nauseating to even look at, yet alone hear his politically correct, manipulative interviews? :mad: The man personifies everything wrong with the world today. Fedtards are fast becoming Nostalgiatards as their VAIN-GLORIOUS LOSER mug player continues to sink into a hole of infinite oblivion. This is why Muger needs to retire for his fans. They cannot handle much more of this as feeding and living off hate and jealousy can only lead to a parasitic demise once the Host has nothing left to offer. Frauderer MUST RETIRE for the sake of his fans! Muger, You KNOW What you NOW MUST do...but do you have the guts to do it? :mad:

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
Haas made a great performance this week when he defeated Berdych in quarterfinals, that was a real challenge and he showed he could raise to it.

Unfortunately people didn't notice it because they care more about big names than good game :shrug:

As for those making big conclusions about Fed's abilities on fast grass based on his current performances they are either trolls or amnesiacs :rolleyes:

·
Registered
27,177 Posts
I speak with no bias at all when I say that Haas look much better than Federer on court yesterday. Federer looked pretty comfortable and bottled his forehand every time Haas flattened on the backhand down the line. The low balls really killed him.

Apparently he played really well in the SF but I didn't see that match. I don't think it's surface specific though. His forehand looked just as bad in the Roland Garros SF.

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
I speak with no bias at all when I say that Haas look much better than Federer on court yesterday. Federer looked pretty comfortable and bottled his forehand every time Haas flattened on the backhand down the line. The low balls really killed him.
uncomfortable

Apparently he played really well in the SF but I didn't see that match.
No he didn't, people who say that just want to believe in it and/or just look at the result : Youzhny only started playing well from 5-2 in second set and was near to coming back from 2 breaks down.

If they meet in Wimbledon and Youzhny starts playing well from the start, Fed will hugely suffer like last year in Wimbledon because Youzhny, like some other players for around one year, has found a way to return his serve great on the forehand deuce side : he anticipates and goes straight for it with no moderation at all, and Fed has no chance, it seems it's the best way to return this serve from Fed and Fed just has one answer to that when his opponent is on fire : serve on the T (problem is sometimes he doesn't realize it early enough, he still believes he will not do it next time but he does it again because he's got the rhythm). Besides, there are all Fed's other problems on grass nowadays.

I don't know what to tell you to show you that the people who said Fed played great against Youzhny are wrong but it's true : just what Fed did in the beginning of the match yesterday was enough, just keep the ball in the rally. But when his opponent raises his level like Haas at double break point and Youzhny at double break down, he can't raise to that level.

IF you want objective "talkable" facts :

- first service game Youzhny lost he made 4 errors including 2 double faults in a row

- at 6-1 Fed thought "OK now it's good it's the moment where I can fully release and play with euphoria like in the past" and then ... 4 shanks.

I don't think it's surface specific though. His forehand looked just as bad in the Roland Garros SF.
it's both : bad form and surface problem because you should know that he hasn't played better on grass in the last 3 years, it's nothing new.

Besides, his shots were good during 2 sets in Roland-Garros : 3rd and 4th sets against Del Potro after getting really angry about himself that's the only way he managed to hit the ball well ... but because the bounce on clay is much easier to manage than on grass, on grass it would be all shanks.

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
Haas was the better player out there, especially mentally wise: cared for every point and kept the intensity up, while Fed dragged his feet over the court and looked like he needed a couple cups of coffee. Haas went for the shots and tried to win it with aggressive play, Fed merely keeping the ball in play (before hitting a frame ball)..

·
Registered
28,768 Posts

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
Fed still thinks he plays as good as ever?
I don't see 2006 Fed losing to 34 years old Haas in two sets, sorry.

361 - 380 of 423 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.