Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was very happy when Wawrinka defeated Medeved in R4. I was dreaming for Nole - Stan final then. I was actually rooting for Stan. Had Stan reached AO final, I believe he would have won.

·
Registered
311 Posts
The difference of their BHDTL between Thiem and Wawrinka is immense.
Some of those BHDTL wild errors that Thiem made today were really costly. Wawrinka's hit % would be much higher.

·
Registered
8,497 Posts
Yea, the knowledgeable folks around here have convinced me that peak Wawrio is undefeatable. So we can say with confidence he would have absolutely rekt Bowl again for the umpteenth time.

·
Super Moderator
9,397 Posts
I was very happy when Wawrinka defeated Medeved in R4. I was dreaming for Nole - Stan final then. I was actually rooting for Stan. Had Stan reached AO final, I believe he would have won.
You’re a closet Wawrinkatard? Congrats on your successful mod application

·
Registered
9,343 Posts
Woulda coulda shoulda is the mother of futility exercises, but one thing I am sure of is that Stan would not be so hesitant to pull the trigger DTL. Whether that would have been enough or not in his current state is impossible to say.

·
justice for all
16,245 Posts
Yep. Probably Stan would have finished Djokovic in 4 today. Of course not the current version of Stan who lost to Zverev but any version of Stan from 2013 to 2016 would be enough to do it.
Dominic was not there mentally to do it. Mental and physical fatigue got to him in the end and he lost. This is the 4th big final lost by him so one starts to wonder about his champion’s mentality. He needs to work on this or else next time he comes short again. And the slam winning window will not last forever.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Yes, stan would have won. But he didn't, and that what matters

·
Registered
7,976 Posts
For sure, but he was physically done after the Medvedev match so he never really had a chance to reach the F. Better question is if Zverev would've beaten Djokovic today. I think yes.

Woulda coulda shoulda is the mother of futility exercises, but one thing I am sure of is that Stan would not be so hesitant to pull the trigger DTL. Whether that would have been enough or not in his current state is impossible to say.
Thiem missed like 90% of his BHDTLs today, so if anything he went for it too much. I think he missed 10 straight at some point.

·
Registered
17,950 Posts
You’re a closet Wawrinkatard?
She had and still has it in her signature, why is it any surprise to you?

For sure, but he was physically done after the Medvedev match so he never really had a chance to reach the F.
Not so sure, in Wawrinka's current state it could have been a 5 setter with Djokovic, which could go easily one way or the other.

Better question is if Zverev would've beaten Djokovic today. I think yes.
Zverev also not beating Djokovic easily with his mental midgetry and subpar return (47/144 receiving points won vs Thiem). How many times did he break Thiem in the semi? 5/14 with the Austrian serving only 67% 1st serves.
Also Novak would have the upper hand in the rallies here in RLA vs Zverev.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Stan would have straight setted this mug level performance from Novak’s tonight.

It’s strange but Novak has far more trouble against players other than Roger/Rafa. Perhaps it’s mental letdown or laziness? With Stan tho, there’s not much Novak can do. The match is on Stan’s racket when they play, and he’s tough enough mentally to not choke

·
Registered
130 Posts
Not only Wawrinka, but any player in the place of Dominic, including, of course, Budadiii. One just have to pick a racket, go on Plexi and not only defeat, but humiliate that awful human being and subpar tennis player... But in all seriousness, yes, Wawa could beat Novak, but also Dominic could bring him down, yet failed (not miserably, he gave all he had at the moment - great fight, Domi, your maiden GS will happen sooner or later). I just cannot understand such underestimation of Djokovic (ffs, 17 GS!) and such stupid comments based on personal hate... Hey, cheer for your guy, next time someone else will prevail, it doesn't matter, it's sport (or, at least, it should be)!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You’re a closet Wawrinkatard? Congrats on your successful mod application
Im a fan of Nole and Stan. Both are in my signature since I can remember.

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
Djokovic was more aggressive than i can ever remember him being against Wawrinka. So that Wawrinka would have won is anything but a foregone conclusion.

·
Registered
9,343 Posts
Thiem missed like 90% of his BHDTLs today, so if anything he went for it too much. I think he missed 10 straight at some point.
Because he was hitting them out of position off the back foot or from some weird no man's land areas. But when he had the entire wing open or when Djokovic was at the net he either sliced it back or hit to the body.

·
Registered
495 Posts
The difference of their BHDTL between Thiem and Wawrinka is immense.
Some of those BHDTL wild errors that Thiem made today were really costly. Wawrinka's hit % would be much higher.
This was the biggest difference today.

Is Stan taller than Thiem is that why he is able to execute BHDTL flawlessly against Novak whereas Thiem was struggling on that part today? Even commentators pointed out how huge Stan's BHDTL was in FO15 and USO16

·
Registered
506 Posts
A fully fit and rested Stan would have had a very good chance. Certainly he would have done far better on the BHDTL than Thiem managed. However, Stan used up too much energy battling through the early rounds (when he was sick) and was running on empty in the latter half of the Zverev match. Even if by some miracle he had got past both Zverev and Thiem (most likely another energy-sapping contest) he would have had nothing left when facing Novak, especially when he would be the one getting a day's less rest.

·
NAPRED NOLE
1,519 Posts
Stan would have straight setted this mug level performance from Novak’s tonight.

It’s strange but Novak has far more trouble against players other than Roger/Rafa. Perhaps it’s mental letdown or laziness? With Stan tho, there’s not much Novak can do. The match is on Stan’s racket when they play, and he’s tough enough mentally to not choke
That’s why the h2h is 19-6 for Djokovic, clearly it’s always up to only Stan who wins. These Fedal fans are hurting so bad at the moment it’s hilarious actually.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
That’s why the h2h is 19-6 for Djokovic, clearly it’s always up to only Stan who wins. These Fedal fans are hurting so bad at the moment it’s hilarious actually.
What’s their h2h in best of 5? Clearly Stan troubles Novak more than any other player

1 - 19 of 19 Posts