Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
31,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now they are giving me odds of 2.6.

Who is laying these crazy odds? Would you back the coin to come down on heads at 2.6 or 1.55?

Crazy.

·
Banned
31,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess people are thinking Ivo might be tired.
Just like they did before he played Hewitt in Tokyo. I'm hoping for the same outcome.
In his two matches, he has served 64 aces altogether. Out of the three current indoor events, it seems this event is playing the fastest.

Ivo might be tired, but he doesn't really play a punishing style of play so hopefully he will be alright.

Ivo has beat him on clay a few times, so one has to think he will stand an even better chance on a fast indoor court. It will be decided by a few points, which makes the 2.6 value IMO.

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
I guess people are thinking Ivo might be tired.
Just like they did before he played Hewitt in Tokyo. I'm hoping for the same outcome.
Yeah, tiredness would be one of my worries. My other worry is that Ivo struggles a lot with fellow big servers, as he practically has to rely on tiebreaks to beat them...

But, looking at it this way...if Ivo gets 70%+ 1st serves in, Haas will have a chance in, what...1 service game per set, max? Chances are that Ivo will force at least 1 tiebreak, and it is 50/50 at that point. Therefore, as Jaap says, anything over 2.20 is probably worth the risk, although I'd go for a smaller stake, given that much of this would hinge on luck.

Furthermore, Haas lost to Isner over the summer (remarkably similar player to Ivo), and has also fallen to other serve-volleyers, including Mahut, only 2 weeks ago.

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Ivo has beat him on clay a few times, so one has to think he will stand an even better chance on a fast indoor court. It will be decided by a few points, which makes the 2.6 value IMO.
That's where I, for one, disagree. As I mention in my previous post, faster conditions give him even fewer chances to get a return, off a big serve, into play, meaning that, at best, he really is no more than 50% favourite when it comes to the crunch, imo. I think the recent Berdych match is a good example of this.

On clay, while his movement can be exposed more easily, his serve is still a major weapon if he gets over 70% 1st serves in. He gets slightly more reaction time when returning other big serves, meaning that at least he can, more so than indoors imo, get into the point...

·
Banned
59,367 Posts
WTA MOSCOW

SERENA OVER KUZZIE 5/6

1. Revenge factor

2.Kuzzie is very beatable

3.Williams stats against vaidisova were impressive

4.Serena needs the points for the end of season finale.

GOOD LUCK

I also agree that the dr will perform another successful surgery....

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
1.00 on Williams over Kuznetsova @1.83 last time they meet Kuznetsova was pumped up and raced ahead 3-0 in the first set. I believe Serena will learn from her poor start from last time. This is a different situation.
0.10 on Safina over Dementieva @2.50
0.10 on Karlovic over Haas @2.20

Waiting for odds:
I'll be taking Ferrero over Wawrinka for sure if at 1.60 or over

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yep also picking Ivo.
Also Ferrero over Wawrinka @ 1.75.

New here btw but have been checking it out for the last few days.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I am backing Ferrero, he must be playing well if he defeated Gonzo. Plus he has a 3-0 edge against Wawrinka lifetime. I also fancy Serena as Kuzzie can be unreliable sometimes in this situation. Serena would like some revenge and I assume she is going to get some. I really dislike the rest of the matchups. I believe Djokovic and Davydenko will win but others seem a little more up in the air.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Gotta give Jaap some props for such a wonderful thread title. I managed to back Karlovic @ 2.6 yesterday and finally WON a bet :worship:

my other bets today:
Ivo Minar @ 2.5
Mathieru x Gulbis x Koubek @ 2.05
live betting Karlovic 1st set x Serena for match @ 1.89

EDIT: Forgot to mention ToJo @ 2.77

1 - 20 of 30 Posts