Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Your visions will happen
48,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He looked good out there today physically I thought. Moving very well. Just needs more shoulder but to come off the couch basically and play vs. top 10 Raonic just like that I mean come on. If he stays healthy he can be top 20 at least even at this age

Haas may well have a real closing act, he would deserve it after so many years on the shelf

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,427 Posts
Haas will be making comebacks at the age of 45 if he carries on like this. It's good to see Tommy playing well after coming back from injury at his age. If he stays healthy he could definitely get back up in the rankings. Top 20 might be asking for a bit much though.

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Haas's peak was when he was like 23. stop with the nonsense, just because his career was killed and so much time was missed from injuries doesn't magically mean that he has all of that talent and energy left in the bag for when he is 40

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
So can you, Johnny boy. So can you.

Reactions: Ace Pounder

·
Super Moderator
8,828 Posts
Flo Mayer told today on Sport 1+ that he hopes Haas got a great season to finish his career as he (Haas) told him (Mayer) 2016 will be his last year.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Flo Mayer told today on Sport 1+ that he hopes Haas got a great season to finish his career as he (Haas) told him (Mayer) 2016 will be his last year.
Ah? To me it sounded like Mayer only said that he thinks 2016 will be Haas' last year and not that Haas told him anything. But I may be wrong, I didn't always pay full attention, a shame that Mayer had to be paired with that annoying main commentator.

·
Super Moderator
8,828 Posts
Ah? To me it sounded like Mayer only said that he thinks 2016 will be Haas' last year and not that Haas told him anything. But I may be wrong, I didn't always pay full attention, a shame that Mayer had to be paired with that annoying main commentator.
Ok, I was sure he said this, but at the same time I chatted with a friend and talked about something similar. :lol:

But Gogel is really boring and has especially an annoying voice, though I like him as a person. I just love it when he broaches the Kyrgios-Wawrinka-incident. :haha:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Don't you guys know? 2035 GS Champions are Ivo (AO), Tommy (FO), Feliciano (W), and Roger (USO). They all beat the young twenty-one year old star Stefan Djokovic in the finals.

·
Your visions will happen
48,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haas also has a second daughter since last week. Surely the end is near.
It all depends on:

1. Tommy's desire to keep going
2. Tommy's physical health
3. What his wife wants him to do

Probably his wife already wants him to stop but I don't know for sure. Physically I don't know what to make of him, but clearly his desire is still there, so we gonna see

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
He's pretty much done. Same with Stepanek. These two 1978 born guys have lasted longer than expected, but it's nearly over. They both came back with injury protected rankings this year and couldn't win many matches. They used up all their protected ranking entries.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Haas will be playing his last season in 2016, Stepanek will give up on singles, and just be an amazing doubles player till he's like 50

1 - 16 of 16 Posts