Mens Tennis Forums banner

881 - 900 of 918 Posts

·
Super Moderator
62,002 Posts
Federer is one that comes to mind actually
He and Murray are undoubtedly the most high-profile ones. Federer being 19-1 and Murray 2-2 (Tsonga, Simon, could be more I've forgotten). Ferrer also counts, though, as he's 15-0 against Almagro. He could soon add more, as he's 9-0 against Fognini and Seppi.

Djokovic is as far as I know the only one to fully reverse turkey status and get ahead in a H2H. Will be interesting to see if he can do a "turkey cooked on both sides" eventually.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
He and Murray are undoubtedly the most high-profile ones. Federer being 19-1 and Murray 2-2 (Tsonga, Simon, could be more I've forgotten). Ferrer also counts, though, as he's 15-0 against Almagro. He could soon add more, as he's 9-0 against Fognini and Seppi.

Djokovic is as far as I know the only one to fully reverse turkey status and get ahead in a H2H. Will be interesting to see if he can do a "turkey cooked on both sides" eventually.
yes, it will also be interesting to see whether Federer will deturkify his H2H with Nadal, which at this point looks feasible. I am not sure about the likelihood of their matches occurring nowadays

·
Registered
21,063 Posts
yes, it will also be interesting to see whether Federer will deturkify his H2H with Nadal, which at this point looks feasible. I am not sure about the likelihood of their matches occurring nowadays
If they could only meet more often now :p

·
Super Moderator
62,002 Posts
^
It must be unusual against a turkey to have a majority of matches go the distance. Six wins in deciding set, five in straights.

Also 0% TBs won (0-2) by the eventual winner of the match must be unusual.

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
Djokovic-del Potro 14-4

Turkey #14, and the first non-European one! That is pretty interesting considering he has pigeons from all 6 continents (no, I'm not counting Antarctica).

Waiting list updates: Nishikori still 1 match away, escaped becoming a turkey by handing Novak a W/O and then letting Delpo take his place the next week :)

Monaco retired, so he's off the list of potential turkeys, Lopez takes his place with 1-9.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
One Richie and then 15 Nadals.

Rafael Nadal leads Richard Gasquet 15-1

881 - 900 of 918 Posts