Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would post this when I saw it because I remembered an interview with Guga from years ago at Wimbledon and he spoke about his brother and how special he was to him. I hope Guga continues his plans to come back next year.

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/138202.html

Rio de Janeiro - Guilherme, the younger brother of former tennis world number one Gustavo Kuerten, died Wednesday of a respiratory arrest. Guilherme Kuerten, 28, who suffered from cerebral palsy, died at the University Hospital in Florianopolis, accompanied by his brothers Gustavo and Rafael and his mother Alice, said the publicist of the winner of three French Open titles. He was to be buried Thursday in Florianopolis.

Despite his health problems, Guilherme travelled the world with his brother.

"I take him everywhere I can," Kuerten said of his brother at the height of his tennis career. "Sometimes, I will take him someplace where you wouldn't expect a handicapped guy to go, like parties. But what's nice, really, is for me to just share moments with him."

The laid-back Kuerten always credited his brother with his own ability to enjoy life and keep things simple.

·
Registered
17,115 Posts
:sad: Very sorry to hear that. Best wishes to Guga and his family.

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
Sad news :sad:

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
From God we come, and to God we all return. My prayers go out to Guga...what sad, sad news.:sad: :sad: :sad:

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
oh no, how sad. :hug: and best wishes to Guga and his family :(

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
That's so sad :sad::crying2:
I wish God confort their hearts -> Guga and his family

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
My best wishes to Guga and his family :hug:

RIP Guilherme

·
(:
29,556 Posts
:tears: :bigcry: :sad: :tears: :bigcry: :sad: :tears: :bigcry: :sad: :tears: :bigcry: :sad: :tears: :bigcry: :sad: :tears: :bigcry: :sad: :tears: :bigcry:

·
DO THE LOCHTE
14,040 Posts
:sad: :sad: :sad: This is such awful news :tears: May he rest in peace! Condolences to Gustavo and his family...

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
:sad:

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Guga :sad:

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
Sod's Law. Horrible things seem to always happen to some of the nicest people in this world.

I hope Guga and his family find the strength to get through this difficult time.

·
Registered
445 Posts
it really touched me when I saw his brother in the stands celebrating one of Guga's Roland Garros wins.

condolences and my prayers go out to the Kuerten family.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts