Mens Tennis Forums banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Yes, because that's exactly what I said!

:cuckoo:
Really?
The type of shootings that happen here are totally different though. They are mostly related to poverty, drug traffic, criminal youth gangs and the kind of stuff you would expect from a third world country. Here, you don't see massacres like that in an university or in a private school.
The type of shooting that happen here is totally different? your inferring that most shootings int he USA come from school shootings but brazil's come from proverty, drug traffic etc. Actually the overwehlming majority of shootings in the US come from that also...

lol...

Oh here is an article on a small town that in 1982 had higher crime rate than the nation's average , well they passed a law requiring all citizens to have a firearm in their house, as you can imagine, all hell broke loose!! NOT!, actually the crime rate "plummeted"
http://wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55288

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
hey shotgun stop trying to justify the violence in Brazil. Violence and more specifically teen violence knows no boundaries. So stop saying it is mostly a U.S. thing. Not long ago there was a school shooting in Canada. There was one in Germany where 16 people died, more then in Colombine. Virginia tech is on east coast and colombine is west coast which si far far away. It is equivalent to school shootings oin Spain compared with school shootings in Poland. U.S. is a huge nation.

·
Premium Member
12,570 Posts
Really?

The type of shooting that happen here is totally different? your inferring that most shootings int he USA come from school shootings but brazil's come from proverty, drug traffic etc. Actually the overwehlming majority of shootings in the US come from that also...

lol...
I was referring to Jim Jones' post where he says "this type of shooting is worse in Brazil." By "this type of shooting" I assume he meant shootings that happen in universities or environments that you wouldn't expect it to happen, and caused by people you wouldn't expect to be doing it in the first place, not shootings that are caused by people that have been involved with criminality long before. By "totally different", I mean totally different from the case that triggered the discussion, not totally different from what usually happens in the States. Obviously there are plenty of violent regions in the U.S. as well (with security there being much better than here).

So no, I'm not inferring anything here, you're the one who seems to be inferring something. :wavey:

hey shotgun stop trying to justify the violence in Brazil. Violence and more specifically teen violence knows no boundaries. So stop saying it is mostly a U.S. thing. Not long ago there was a school shooting in Canada. There was one in Germany where 16 people died, more then in Colombine. Virginia tech is on east coast and colombine is west coast which si far far away. It is equivalent to school shootings oin Spain compared with school shootings in Poland. U.S. is a huge nation.
I'm not saying it's mostly an American thing at all, surely it happens everywhere, therefore no need to point fingers saying that in a certain place this type of shooting is worse than in another. The only thing one can do is face the numbers based on what has happened already, but such type of violence can happen anywhere in the future. No one should be stupid enough to say, "this will never happen where I live".

Having said that, I personally think poverty, lack of opportunities, drugs, growing up in a violent environment, are factors that are much more likely to cause shootings than bullying and the odd mental disease. Not that I'm trying to justify anything, but the first kind of case is easier to understand.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I was referring to Jim Jones' post where he says "this type of shooting is worse in Brazil." By "this type of shooting" I assume he meant shootings that happen in universities or environments that you wouldn't expect it to happen, and caused by people you wouldn't expect to be doing it in the first place, not shootings that are caused by people that have been involved with criminality long before. By "totally different", I mean totally different from the case that triggered the discussion, not totally different from what usually happens in the States. Obviously there are plenty of violent regions in the U.S. as well (with security there being much better than here).

So no, I'm not inferring anything here, you're the one who seems to be inferring something. :wavey:
Oh, I though you where responding to me...

61 - 69 of 69 Posts