Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
He will straight set Djokovic and Nadal to the title, mark my words, he will destroy them, DESTROY.....

And so on.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
As I said in live commentary would love it to happen but going through Djokovic and Nadal back to back is probably too much even if he gets routined in 3 by Nole still was an amazing week for him

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
It'd be insane if none of the big four won one of the first 2 slams.

That said, I don't think it will happen. It'll be much harder for Gulbis to play as well as he did today against Djokovic.

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
Mirroring the jinx back to Djokotard :nerner: Getting more nervous there than him it appears. Good, good.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Wawrinka won against Berdych, Nadal and Djokovic in Australia too so I don't think it is impossible... He was in the zone in that tournament just like Gulbis now and I know that Gulbis is younger but the story is the same: The guy with amazing talent that have failed for his whole career and finally decides to change his destiny and fulfill his potential.

·
23,063 Posts
Wawrinka won against Berdych, Nadal and Djokovic in Australia too so I don't think it is impossible... He was in the zone in that tournament just like Gulbis now and I know that Gulbis is younger but the story is the same: The guy with amazing talent that have failed for his whole career and finally decides to change his destiny and fulfill his potential.
The thing is defeating 2 of the Big Four with Berdych in between with some good results before that is one thing. Only having the 3rd time reaching the 4th Round beyond and while having good results, is still not "Slam noteworthy", in a path of beating not 2, but 3 of the Big Four, and two of the toughest currently consecutively (Djokovic then Nadal) is a real big feat. That being said Gulbis is the type to not be bothered by these things so who knows. That would be very crazy though. :lol:

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Should be his 2nd or 3rd RG title, but whatever.
Nice jinx but time for the second real champ in the past 10 years. Nole and Gulbis both would be great choices to follow Federer as the only legit champ of RG in the past decade.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts