Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Erika Tanaka @ErikaTanaka11 · 15h 15 hours ago
Gulbis teams up w Thomas Enqvist #Breaking #teamgulbis #MonteCarloRolexMasters #Monaco

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
Sounds good. Let see how it works out. Anyone who makes Gulbis reach a decent modicum of his potential is semi-magician, though

·
Registered
21,934 Posts
Seems like a good choice from both, yes. I don't think Gulbis' issues have to do with motivation, but more with playing through injury and physical and mental struggles because of that. So for Enqvist this is an ideal moment to step in, because it really can't get any worse.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I guess they haven't fixed anything yet as Gulbis said in IW he would try one of his options in Miami and Monte Carlo but didn't want to rush into a new relationship with a coach.

But yeah, why not. I think they could click.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
Outsiders talking about coaching choices doesn't make much sense. We have no reasonable information on their coaching methods.

What Gulbis needs is a coach who has the knowledge and the balls to revamp elements of his stroke technique and positioning. I'd be willing to bet that Enqvist won't do either.

·
MONSOON season.
82,211 Posts
Thought for a second that Enqvist was going to play a one-off doubles event :lol:

·
Your visions will happen
49,320 Posts
Outsiders talking about coaching choices doesn't make much sense. We have no reasonable information on their coaching methods.

What Gulbis needs is a coach who has the knowledge and the balls to revamp elements of his stroke technique and positioning. I'd be willing to bet that Enqvist won't do either.
Burrow and his trademark optimism :rolleyes:

I thought bodybuilders were supposed to be positive

·
Your visions will happen
49,320 Posts
How are you supposed to respond to a post like this? Aren't you like 25 now?
I'm just wondering why the negativity from someone who understands athletics like you do

Gulbis clearly is serious about getting better, fired Bresnik and now hiring Enqvist, a former top 10, or did he even make top 5? in the world So many players these days hiring coaches who played in the last 10-20 years and almost all of them have worked tremendously

How you can twist that into a negative is beyond me

·
Banned
70,519 Posts
will be nice to see enqvist again!! good one

·
Registered
42,421 Posts
Ernests going rather for the Ernesto Che Guevara look, very fitting. :yeah: :cool: :smoke:
Enqvist is not a bad choice IMO.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts