Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
11,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fixed the title for all the whiny people, but the topic still remains.

Gulbis, who was winning titles in Estoril and made the semis of the French..

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Re: Gublis rank plummets to 29... putting him behind...where is his ranking headed?

Why did you put names of random players in black rectangles?

·
11,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Gublis rank plummets to 29... putting him behind...where is his ranking headed?

He's #86 now actually.
Lol I got that image from ATP.com

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts

Live rankings have him at #86 (may fall further before new rankings, as a couple Challenger guys are close to him & still playing this week).

·
11,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

So Gublis might drop out of the top 100?

·
Registered
5,532 Posts

OP has no clue what he's talking about. Nice thread mod :facepalm:

·
Registered
16,743 Posts

So Gublis might drop out of the top 100?
Not sure, even if few guys will overtake him, he'll be betw. 90-95 actually.
The bad thing is, he'll draw tough opponents even in 1st rounds of Masters and slams, so he'll gotta improve his ranking.

·
11,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
7,900 Posts

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/Singles.aspx

I'm not trolling. I just first looked at ATP.com. You think the "Official Tennis Association" could update their rankings...
Well those are not live rankings and the "offical ranking" is not updating in the middle week of a GS.

So technically Gulbis is still Nr. 29 yeah...

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/Singles.aspx

I'm not trolling. I just first looked at ATP.com. You think the "Official Tennis Association" could update their rankings...
Well, they don't update on the Monday in the middle of a Slam. (They'll update after it finishes.) Gulbis' massive fall is due to his RG points from last year coming off, so that's not reflected in the pre-RG rankings (which are the ones you saw on the ATP website).

·
11,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Well those are not live rankings and the "offical ranking" is not updating in the middle week of a GS.

So technically Gulbis is still Nr. 29 yeah...
Yet Slasher has the time?

You'd figure they could update a little bit quicker. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
33,357 Posts

Gulbis is fortunate that he's a commitment player and has guaranteed entry into ATP 500's..

Needs to perform strongly in those events.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts

Not sure, even if few guys will overtake him, he'll be betw. 90-95 actually.
The bad thing is, he'll draw tough opponents even in 1st rounds of Masters and slams, so he'll gotta improve his ranking.
He's not even close to maindraws at Masters now. Will have to play qualies, even for most of the smaller events.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts

Yet Slasher has the time?

You'd figure they could update a little bit quicker. :rolleyes:
And you are not trolling?

Quicker? It's not suppose to be quicker, it's out once a week and when Slams are played it's out when the Slams are all over with. You seriously don't know this?

·
Registered
121 Posts

I'd still like to know why random players have been highlighted. There doesn't seem to be any link or logic behind the choices.

·
Registered
5,322 Posts

Lock thread and ban OP.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts