:scared:
Two extremely talented and hot headcases and also late-bloomers
Both reach their 1st slam s/f at RG :eek:
ATP :unsure:

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
LOL!

Yeah, look at Gulbis's serve and volley.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Excellent comparison. Rafter was always known for his amazing two-handed backhand. And it's nice to see that a pure serve and volleyer like Gulbis can still make the semis of a major in this day and age.

lol. too funny.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Excellent comparison. Rafter was always known for his amazing two-handed backhand. And it's nice to see that a pure serve and volleyer like Gulbis can still make the semis of a major in this day and age.

lol. too funny.
lol

Somany clueless posters on here, the OP is a nice guy, but seriously, some of the crap that he and many others come out with, priceless.

I remember when there was a poster that made the 'can almagro be the next wawrinka?' thread, right after he beat Nadal in Madrid this year.

Single most dumbest moment I've experienced on here.

·
Banned
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:shrug: I'm not comparing their gamestyles. It's more with their careers trajectory, underachieving status etc

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
I like Gulbis, but seriously there's nothing and I mean absolutely nothing that connects them.

Cloning Rafter, now there's an idea for the ATP...

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
lol

Somany clueless posters on here, the OP is a nice guy, but seriously, some of the crap that he and many others come out with, priceless.

I remember when there was a poster that made the 'can almagro be the next wawrinka?' thread, right after he beat Nadal in Madrid this year.

Says the guy who calls Gulbis a servebot. You are definitely one of the clueless ones. So it's the case of pot calling the kettle black. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think they have similarities (not game-wise)/ There ARE NO s&v players in this era, that's why i put OF THIS ERA.
Both were suck until 24, but were considered as super talented headcases and underachievers. Both are very charismatic and can be very focused during the matches and fighting like a madman and also both are good-looking players with flashy (in their own way) game and also used to be crowd favourites. Absolutely no connections :shrug:

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
No, not really. Just like their games are completely different, their personalities and the ways in which they attract fans are too. If anything, Gulbis has more of a Safin-like charisma and appeal.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
lol

It's called sarcasm. I was being sarcastic. Maybe you ought to think about that before making a fool of yourself by sending such a useless and uninformed reply.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Rafter a hot-headed? If anything, he was pure class on court, unlike Gulbis. The Aussie was a great competitor. Gulbis is a talented headcase. Nothing more. Rafter started winning relatively late, later than the Latvian, but Gulbis is not of slam-winning quality.

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
No, not really. Just like their games are completely different, their personalities and the ways in which they attract fans are too. If anything, Gulbis has more of a Safin-like charisma and appeal.
However, Safin too had talent to spare, without undermining Gulbis' abilities I think the comparison is also uneven. Nonetheless, Safin did have his venture with the play girls and the night life. I guess the "easy" power is the greatest similarity these two share.

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
However, Safin too had talent to spare, without undermining Gulbis' abilities I think the comparison is also uneven. Nonetheless, Safin did have his venture with the play girls and the night life. I guess the "easy" power is the greatest similarity these two share.
Well, I wouldn't compare him with Marat either, but at least there's some vague connections. With Rafter there's none whatsoever no mater how much we stretch it.

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
Clutch permaed?

shame :lol:

Mods CRUSHED him I guess... :lol:

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Rafter a hot-headed? If anything, he was pure class on court, unlike Gulbis. The Aussie was a great competitor. Gulbis is a talented headcase. Nothing more. Rafter started winning relatively late, later than the Latvian, but Gulbis is not of slam-winning quality.
TRUE! Rafter was one of the classiest players in the game. Rafter played in a very tough era and still managed to win 2 slams and reach another final. Rafter's career and character is superior in every way, which makes he and Gulbis incomparable in every way.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts