Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
On the Madrid courts in 2010
“I came here early; got used to the courts because they are not really straight. They are like playing on a mountain.”

:spit:

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,655 Posts
Trust Ernie to be your 'bad boy' in tennis. A competitor for Roddick no doubt. I see most the quotes are pre 2013, I just wonder if anything has mellowed since last yr.

Lol I just read the first quote and he is so arrogant! "Some guys, I’m sorry–with respect–they can’t play tennis. I don’t know how they got into the Top 100. I think I’m much better than them." Yeah like you're doing any better now...
"I'm known for my mental strength" nice to know...
On Fabrice Santoro “He is a disgusting player." :mad: he did not just say that about the Magician!!!
"Everyone should go to jail at least once!" :lol:

“I was playing like a Spanish player—two meters behind the baseline doing nothing.” Good pot shot at Nadal, Ferrer and co.
Although yesterday, Nishikori described himself as becoming more Spanish: "I’ve become more aggressive, my service is better and so is my return. I guess my style is becoming more Spanish." :shrug:

·
Registered
437 Posts
Well, obviously. He has a good PR. And that's me. I also represent Ibrahimovic. You can contact me if you want, I'm cheaper than a French prostitute.

Reactions: Uncle Latso

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
This makes the tour more fun. :p

And people want to tame Coric after his Djokovic-Murray line... :lol:

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I hope Gulbis gets his game back together again so we can have at least some personality in the top players. Its boring how similarly polite the others are.

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
On his 2010 Los Angeles loss to Alejandro Falla

“Nothing worked today. I was just running like a Spanish clay-court player standing on the baseline and pushing the ball back. Women’s tennis.”

:worship:

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
I like people who say what they want. That's true freedom. Still though the "Some guys, I’m sorry–with respect–they can’t play tennis. I don’t know how they got into the Top 100. I think I’m much better than them" was pretty daft. Tennis isn't just about talent, It's about mentality and physicality and most importantly dedication. If Gulbis has the talent but isn't bothering then what makes him a better player than the guys he's referring too.

·
Premium Member
29,533 Posts
"Go out and meet girls" lol.
Gulbis never learned to back his words up with results, that's his problem.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
There is nothing to discuss. Gulbis is a clown and a wasted talent. I remember when some commentators used to see he was as talented as Nole but with more flair... now that's a quote to remember. lol

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
On Djokovic - success has changed him for the worse:

"I've known him since I was 12 years old. We trained and lived together in the same room in Munich. I remember he was a normal, cool guy. But when he achieved his first big success then the look in his eyes just changed. You could just feel it. It's not like we argued or anything, I just feel like he has changed and I don't like that in people. I like strong characters who don't change when first success or money appear - that's the most important quality for me and it's also important for myself not to change."

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/09/gulbis-doesnt-how-djokovic-has-changed/49191/

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,655 Posts
"Go out and meet girls" lol.
Gulbis never learned to back his words up with results, that's his problem.
Though I have to say I was very impressed with his clay season last yr, quite consistent then.
Beating Federer in 5, then Berdych in straight sets then taking a set off Novak in the SF of RG.
He also gave Dimitrov some tough matches last year.

Shame he's faded away since then.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
"Disgusting" is a harsh word to describe Santoro, especially, when a lot of people actually liked his style.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Just because Fedal are polite doesn't mean they are PR. Now Noly, he is PR.
Yes, sure we came to know more about it during Fed's Indian cricket team T-shirt fiasco and NAdal's Mandella tweet. Fanboys.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Just because Fedal are polite doesn't mean they are PR. Now Noly, he is PR.
Get over it... there are no heroes, saints.... they are all PR. Period. Heck, even regular folks jump at a chance to save a boy from getting run over by a truck only to take a selfie with him and post to Facebook for likes.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
On his 2010 Los Angeles loss to Alejandro Falla

“Nothing worked today. I was just running like a Spanish clay-court player standing on the baseline and pushing the ball back. Women’s tennis.”

1 - 20 of 30 Posts