Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone think he is kinda overrated? I mean he has played well at times and I am a big fan of his but when you are considered one of the world's top players, it is pretty unacceptable to go 1-7 versus TOP 10 PLAYERS in 2005.

Anyone else think that he doesn't do anything against top players? Still like the guy but he is a tad bit overatted in my opinion.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
I don't like him but I still don't agree that he's overrated. It would be a shame if he never won the French Open because he is so damn brilliant on clay.

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sure he is brilliant but being 1-7 versus TOP 10 PLAYERS is not worth of a TOP 10 position if you ask me.

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I could understand being 0-2 or maybe 2-3 or something like that but being 1-7 is ridiculous. Jose Acasuso and Ivan Ljubicic both have more wins against TOP 10 opponents this season.

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Doctor Dance said:
so who did he actually beat?

well outside of the TOP 10 it really doesn't matter. So of his 44 wins or whatever, only 1 came against a top caliber opponent. That means show me the money on his opponent next time he faces a TOP 10.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Mistaflava said:
well outside of the TOP 10 it really doesn't matter. So of his 44 wins or whatever, only 1 came against a top caliber opponent. That means show me the money on his opponent next time he faces a TOP 10.

i meant which player in the top 10 did he beat this year?

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts
Ljubicic has beat Nadal,Roddick and Agassi this year. Tojo at one point might of been top 10. Henman 2.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Yeah, the "what is your record against other top ten players" is another thing that is taken into consideration when determining the ATP rankings, along with "how many blow jobs have you given us recently?".

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Chloe said:
Yeah, the "what is your record against other top ten players" is another thing that is taken into consideration when determining the ATP rankings?".
It's not now. But there were quality points a few years ago.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Quality points are junk, imo ;)

Unless anybody expects Coria to be defeating Andy on grass, Hewitt on hardcourt, and Federer anywhere... then no, he's no overrated.

Dumb thread :p

·
Registered
12,969 Posts
But isn't the point of the thread that if you're going to be a top 10 player you should be able to beat Andy on grass, Hewitt on hardcourt, and Federer anywhere? ;) :p

·
Registered
82 Posts
Amen to that!
He's a great player!
Overrated? Naah.
Rock on Coria!!!! :worship:

G

·
overrated is probably not the right word monsieur flava but I see where you are coming from

An interesting stat nonetheless

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
It's not now. But there were quality points a few years ago.
Federer would have huge quality points if they were still around.

I don't think Coria is overrated because nobody touts him as being at the very top of the game i.e. top 5 player.

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here are a few others with surprising records versus TOP 10 Opponents in 2005:

Roger Federer 12-2

Jose Acasuso 2-5

Carlos Moya 0-7

Fernando Gonzalez 0-8

Juan Carlos Ferrero 5-10

Rafa Nadal 9-3

1 - 20 of 63 Posts