Mens Tennis Forums banner
41 - 60 of 3939 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Re: guillermo coria cheering thread

maratgirl said:
is a munchkin someone who is very small??
ehehe yes it is.....

but over here in aussie we use it to describe someone who is really cute and sweet.

which is exactly what gullie is.

*shares her story*

i didnt really pay much atention to him because he was practising with mario ancic and i was a bigger mario fan at the time. but there was this group of argentinian guys who hung around the whole time to talk to gullie, and it was just me my friend and this group of guys watching them train so it was very...intimate? you might say...lol

anyway - after gullie had finished training he went over and had a HUGE chat to the guys and took seriously like 100 photos and stayed around for a while with them and just talked and signed for them and everything then he finally had to go. i swear to god it made those guys day.

To bad i was so infatuated with mario....i would have gone and got a photo with gullie too :(

Next year :D lol

I met Marat too Mrs Love Fire :p :dance:

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
He is just the cutest things isnt he?! where abouts did you meet him?!

Id have to say...he is just as nice as Gullie....always doing things for his fans :hearts: lol

·
Registered
9,325 Posts

Princess Liz said:
He is just the cutest things isnt he?! where abouts did you meet him?!

Id have to say...he is just as nice as Gullie....always doing things for his fans :hearts: lol
It was in WTC Dusseldorf 2001! It was awesome :hearts: I agree, Marat is so nice and sweet to his fans and always taking time, thanking them for their support, agreeing on giving a kiss (lol;) ) etc. :hearts:
I never met Guille but yeah he is also a very sweet and nice guy, as everyone says who meets him.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
lucky you *jealous*

·
Chiudi-fan
75,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·

We've three tourny's in Holland. I can understand he will not come to Rotterdam, because usually only players of europe are there. I can also understand he will not come to the Dutch open, because it's not a very big tourny (but it is on clay). But it would be great if he could come to Rosmalen once...
But now I'm hoping Holland will play Argentina with the Davis Cup. In Holland offcourse, because it's too expensive to go to Argentina I think.

But on the other hand, it would be easy if a idol would travel to the country of the fan, but you're a bigger fan if you travel to the country where your idol is playing :p I think I'll collect money and go to the French open in a few years.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
isn't there a draw or something on that site of stuttgart?? and can't believe that tommy Haas is playing again :hearts:

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
is it just me here ?? :sad: is everybody on holidays :confused:

·
Chiudi-fan
75,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·

Hey Femke :) No, I'm not on holidays, but I had to visit an aunt today. The first thing I did when I was back at home was checking if Guille did win :p
Rosie, You will see Guille? Oh, you're really lucky! I wished I could go there too...

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
yeah he beated mathieu with 7-5 6-3

WHAT THE PLAYERS SAID:

Coria: "I've been playing Mathieu since we were young and in the juniors, so we know each other well. It was a really tough match and I'm glad to have pulled it out."

"It's not usual to have this kind of heat in Germany, but it's OK, I am used to it."

About the tournament fans
"The fans were good out there, and I'm glad there were people cheering for me, as well as Mathieu. It made for a good atmosphere out there on Centre."

About the next round
"No matter who I play next, Ferrer or Ljubicic, it will be a tough match. I lost to Ljubicic earlier this year in Rome on clay, so I'll be looking to get him back."

Nadal: "It was a tough first set, but I pulled it out at the end and from there I played more confidently and just rolled."

About playing in Germany
“I played a Challenger in Hamburg in February and reached the final and then I had a great Masters Series tournament in Hamburg, so for the moment, Germany is very good for me. I like playing here.”

About his biggest win this year
“Definitely the tournament in Monte Carlo was my biggest success until now. I reached the quarterfinals and had a win over Costa. That was important for me.”

About increased pressure, expectations after Wimbledon
“Maybe back in Spain there is some expectations, but I don’t feel any pressure really. It doesn’t affect me.”

Biggest influence on his career
“Definitely my uncle has been the biggest influence. He started me with tennis and has been my coach since then. I also have a great relationship with the other Spanish players. Corretja is probably the guy I’m closest to. He’s been great to me. Carlos Moya has also helped me a lot. He would come and play with me whenever he was in Mallorca.”

·
Chiudi-fan
75,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·

Offcourse he will :) Guille has not a lot of points to defend, he can stay in the top 10. But it will be very close, if some other players would do very good he can also end out of the top 20 :(

·
Registered
664 Posts

Legolas said:
Guille did win :) And how :eek: 6-0,6-0 :eek: Well done el mago :D
Yes that's great, and it's over Youzhny the defending champion! El Mago is cruising! :D

BTW he's wearing brand new shirts! :) I haven't seen any other player wear the same style yet. Does Guille have his own style from Adidas? Or, with Safin still injured, Guille becomes the top player of Adidas? ;)

41 - 60 of 3939 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.