Votes: 45 54.9%
  • GINEPRI

Votes: 37 45.1%
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
7,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guillermo "BAD BOY" Coria vs. Robby "ON FIRE" Ginepri, who is gonna win tommorrow.

i think that if coria focus a bit more in his serve, and plays like he did in the first rounds, he is gonna trouble ginepri. on the other hand if he plays like he did against massu, he is gonna loose in straight sets.
ginepri is going to keep on playing great, as he did during all the last matches he played.

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
Re: Guillermo "BAD BOY" Coria vs. Robby "ON FIRE" Ginepri, who is gonna win tommorrow.

Coria will win in 4 sets :)

·
Registered
649 Posts
Re: Guillermo "BAD BOY" Coria vs. Robby "ON FIRE" Ginepri, who is gonna win tommorrow.

Coria in 4 sets

·
Registered
2,671 Posts

I think Ginepri has more power and can go for winners instead of counter punching so he is likely to win. Coria would have return extremely well and frustrate Ginepri with drop shots in order to have a chance.

·
Registered
558 Posts

Given the way Guille served last round, I'd have to go for Ginepri.

But I'd love it if he made it into the SF.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts

hopefully, Guille

·
Registered
27,104 Posts

Coria in 5 :)

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts

I'm pulling for Coria

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts

Robby in 5 again

·
Registered
9,433 Posts

federer express said:
heart says coria
head says ginepri
Darn it you beat me to it, Vamos Guille :rocker:

·
#freeviktor
93,849 Posts

Since I don't particularly like either or root for either of them I had to pick the lesser of two evils... I say Coria in 4-5

·
Registered
9,433 Posts

savestheday91 said:
Since I don't particularly like either or root for either of them I had to pick the lesser of two evils... I say Coria in 4-5
:lol: 1st time someone has said such nice words about Guille, you rock :yeah:

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
Re: Guillermo "BAD BOY" Coria vs. Robby "ON FIRE" Ginepri, who is gonna win tommorrow

PamV said:
Coria would have return extremely well and frustrate Ginepri with drop shots in order to have a chance.
:lol: that statement defines coria's game! ;) ...and ginepri has that meatballs-for-brains brawny power game that coria loves to de-rail and run into the ground. coria in 3, 6-2 7-5 6-3...if ginepri plays great, coria by 6-2 7-5 4-6 6-3.

but just from background on these two: ginepri has never even made it to a slam QF before last night and has lost in the FIRST round the last FOUR grand slams in a ROW. so he's hot, but hot for him is not such a big deal. it just means he won his FIRST tourney (and that was over dent :rolleyes: ) since 2003, and 2nd total.

meanwhile, coria is one of only three players this year to reach the 4R in every slam event of '05; was one of just 2 (i think it was 2...with fed) players last year to win a tournament on all surfaces: grass, clay and hard court; and has been a year-end top tener 3 years in a row including this one, and already has experience in the SECOND WEEK of grand slam action.

if ginepri could win, it would be simply the biggest win of his entire career. but coria has evenmore motivation, because he is looking ahead and seeing there is very little to stop him from reaching the final of the US Open. Ginepri has never even had the luxury to take that thought seriously before...not even a QF seriously, in fact.

·
Registered
850 Posts

How come more people aren't picking Ginepri? He's been solid all tournament long.

That said, I want the Coria/Agassi semi just for fun!

·
Registered
2,091 Posts

Guillermo Ginepri will win, Robby Coria - no chance...

1 - 20 of 54 Posts