1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Not suprised, the bloke doesn't have the heart or passion for challenger tour tennis on the clay.

Somany players want it more, he is decent on hardcourt but he'll never be able to be a regular fixture in the top 70 or 80.

He needs to go away and rediscover his passion for the game, atm he seems burned out.

·
Registered
11,290 Posts
Losing back to back matches to McGee and Gerard Granollers must have taken its toll. The Guido Pella I know would not struggle to beat them.

We gonna see what's going on...

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
In before the "bye mug/pusher" comments.

He showed good promise last season, especially on clay. I remember that he had a good run in Düsseldorf and he could also get the occasional win outside clay (I think he won the ATP challenger finals on indoor hard).

Another blow to Argentinian tennis. It must be its 432nd blow in the last two seasons: Nalbandian retired, Del Potro severely injured, Monaco slumping, Mayer not improving, Zeballos back into sucking. Besides Berlocq and Delbonis having decent seasons, Argentina is having a horrible season. Thank God they drew Israel in the DC playoffs or they could even get relegated.

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
Andre♥;23229362 said:
In before the "bye mug/pusher" comments.

He showed good promise last season, especially on clay. I remember that he had a good run in Düsseldorf and he could also get the occasional win outside clay (I think he won the ATP challenger finals on indoor hard).

Another blow to Argentinian tennis. It must be its 432nd blow in the last two seasons: Nalbandian retired, Del Potro severely injured, Monaco slumping, Mayer not improving, Zeballos back into sucking. Besides Berlocq and Delbonis having decent seasons, Argentina is having a horrible season. Thank God they drew Israel in the DC playoffs or they could even get relegated.
eh, not a terrible loss for our tennis really. Schwartzman and Arguello are both younger (21) and almost top 100, and Bagnis, who is 24 like Pella and almost inside the top 100 too. And as you said, we got Israel in the DC, with Delbonis/Berlocq/Mayer we should be okay.

Hope Guido realizes what he wants soon, and good luck to him in the future.

·
Registered
785 Posts
When Pella won the Challenger Tour Finals it seemed that he might be able to move on to greater things. But then for some reason it never happened.
If he's as fed up with tennis as he says in that article he's definitely doing the right thing.

Andre♥;23229362 said:
Thank God they drew Israel in the DC playoffs or they could even get relegated.
And as you said, we got Israel in the DC, with Delbonis/Berlocq/Mayer we should be okay.
Playing at home on clay - yeah. But on a fast indoor hardcourt in Tel Aviv? Not so sure.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
wow...really weird and worrying choice here

i really hope he comes back, but its a bit doubtful atm reading the article...motivation going out being that young is not a promising thing

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So Pella's "retirement" lasted less than a month. Average break for some top players. Playing main draw in Bogota. Johnny Groove of the ATP tour. Exitos Guido!

·
Your visions will happen
47,137 Posts
So Pella's "retirement" lasted less than a month. Average break for some top players. Playing main draw in Bogota. Johnny Groove of the ATP tour. Exitos Guido!
He just needed some time off to fix some things :p

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
why do irrelevant tennis players get so much attention :scratch:

·
Registered
97,201 Posts
maybe he figured how hard it is to get a normal job in real life (for fair money) :p

nah, seriously, when i was writing article about him, i found quotes where he said he was having breakdown playing futures in these horrible conditions that typically happen in futures. seems like he's a fragile chap mentally

1 - 20 of 27 Posts