·
Registered
752 Posts
keep going Guga! :)

·
Registered
18,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guga won!!!! Kuerten def. Miranda 6-2, 6-4! great play by Guga! he next faces Flavio Saretta, another brazilian!

Go Guga!!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Congrats Guga!! :D

·
Registered
379 Posts
Unofficial Stats :

Guga player Miranda
5 aces 2
3 double fauls 1
47% First Serve 64%
89% pts won on 1 serve 68%
53% pts won on 2 serve 39%
26 winners 10
8/12 net points 4/8
3/5 break points 0/3
26 Unforced errors 19

Well Done Guga !! GOOO Win This tournament =))

·
Registered
350 Posts
I was in the court!

Hello!
I was there last twesday!
People was angry with Marcelo Rios for withdrawing and we cheered "little Miranda" and Guga too. Guga is an idol here because we love great players and he won the first AT&T in 2001.

We thougt Miranda was going to lose 6-1 6-1 but the kid is strong and he did her best. It was a great match, Guga was not the strong we wanted. But we enjoyed it too much
It was Miranda´s match of her life, the stadium was 100% full (the only day full in this 3 days) and all her points were followed by an ovation.
But he didn´t have a chance.
He is strong but he makes some silly mistakes. He is very short (small) specially next to guga, But he seems to be a kid. He serves powerfull. Guga was not serving good in the second set, specially the last game, I think he didn´t put a first serve on play. But Guga is guga and we love him.
Tomorrow (today) he playes with his countryman Saretta and all the people is with guga, but we want to see Nalbandian or Gaudio wining it.

Miranda did her best, he left an impressive image.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts