Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guga confirmed by brazilian captain Fernando Meligeni to play singles tie in Day 1 (tomorrow).

Let's cheer for him here!!

Brazil - Road to World Group 2007!!!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Good luck Guga and Brazil :banana:

Guga and Saretta will play singles and Saretta/Sa doubles. I think it´s a little surprise Mello is not nominated.

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
Interesting that it's Saretta instead of Mello. May be he's injured? :shrug: Or Meligeni thinks Guga and Saretta will be enough.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Article from terra.com. Obviously Mello is not injured, but Guga and Saretta in better form for playing on clay.

Saretta and Guga play in simple in Davis

The captain of the Brazilian team, Fernando Meligeni defined today, after the trainings of the morning, the players who go to face Uruguay, in the Carrasco Lawn Tennis in Montevidéu. For the games of simple, Brazil will have Flávio Saretta and Gustavo Kuerten. In the pairs, Andres Sá and Saretta play.
The decision was announced little before the meeting of captains marked for 13h. Resta to know, in the drawing of this thursday, to 12h, who will play the first departure. In the opening of the confrontation, they face n° 1 of a country against n° 2 of the adversary.
"The escalação was made in accordance with the conditions that we find here. It was an option of mine, in accordance with the training that we made and of the conditions of the squares ", said Meligeni.
For Ricardo Mello, the Brazilian tenista with best ranking inside of the team, the decision of the technician has well based reasons and must be respected. " Saretta was in the Europe, Guga already was training in the clay and I came of six weeks in square fast in the United States. Since the first day they come training better, with more rhythm, most prepared and I come searching this rhythm. I am ready to play, is clearly, but we are in a team with many options, all are in a good level and were an option of the Meligeni that I respect."

·
Premium Member
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Davis Cup
Americas Group II - Final
Uruguay vs. Brazil
Carrasco Lawn Tennis, Montevideo (clay)

Friday, september 23th - Day 1

14h30 (17h30 GMT) - Marcel Felder (URU) vs. Gustavo Kuerten (BRA)
Followed by - Pablo Cuevas (URU) vs. Flavio Saretta (BRA)

·
Registered
18,865 Posts
Guga leads 6-1, 4-0:D! Keep it up Gugz:banana:

·
Registered
18,865 Posts
Guga in big trouble in the 3rd set, 2-5:sad: Fight back Guga!!! Felder serves for the set:( now...

·
Premium Member
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Guga lost the third set 6-3. :sad: Come on Guga, get back in the game!! :(

·
Registered
18,865 Posts
Guga lost his serve 3 times in the 3rd set, something's wrong there:(... Guga you cannot lose to someone ranked under 400 on the world:(! WIN this!

·
Premium Member
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Okay, Guga leads the 4th set 4-2 now, seems that he got back on track! :)

·
Premium Member
12,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not as easy as I thought it would be, but it's ok :)
Let's see what he says after the match...

Coming up: Saretta vs. Cuevas

1 - 20 of 81 Posts