Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Former world number one Gustavo Kuerten has been handed a wild card for the inaugural Madrid Masters indoor tournament next week.
The Brazilian is now 40th in the rankings after undergoing hip surgery in February.

But although he won the recent Brazil Open, he believes he is unlikely to triumph in Madrid.

"Last month I won my first title since the operation and this gave me a lot of confidence," Kuerten said.

"But for sure in Madrid, with the tournament being a Masters Series event, it will be much more difficult.


If I could get to the quarters or semi-finals it would be fantastic."

Kuerten was unable to play for two months after his operation and admits that his game is still some way short of its best.

"It was a strange season," said Kuerten.

"I had to start from zero and work very hard, but from the beginning I knew that I would have to pass through the operating room, and I was ready.

"I am very happy with the way that things turned out, and now what interests me is playing the maximum number of matches possible to start in top form next year, playing my best tennis.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
440 Posts
We Brazilians are so lucky, cause there is a channel that shows all Guga's matches :D :D :D

And we're gonna see him tuesday :D :D
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top