Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Guga decided to attend the famous samba parade in Rio, but is now back to Florianopolis to continue practicing for Indian Wells and Key Biscayne...

Lucky Guga got to see lots of beautiful women dancing in pretty outfits... :) :cool:

Guga said that he worries about not having enough time to readapt his game for the hard court mini-season, but is happy in reaching the top 10 in the ATP Champions Race... :)

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
Se esse carnaval promete, Guga também ;)
does Guga was watching at the parade from the sambodromo?

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Omigod, cool Guga!!!! He looks so cute and the Brasilian women are so beautiful.

I went to a Rio-Carnaval-themed club! I didn't meet any Brazilians!! But I kissed a hot Argentine.

The girls at the club were dancing to the samba--there was a samba contest. It was the first time I ever saw the samba danced before me in my life. The girls were so sexy. They were Brasilian, so duh! It was the most beautiful, sexiest dance ever. I must learn it.

I love Brasil. I have to go there one day

·
Registered
52 Posts
Guga Celebrates Carnival In Rio

By Tennis Week
03/07/2003

Smiling with every step, Gustavo Kuerten bounced, leaped and danced with delight Tuesday night. The three-time French Open champion wasn't in action on the court, he was at his playful best celebrating Brazil's most traditional festivity: Carnival in Rio de Janeiro.

Taking a brief break from his practice sessions for the Pacific Life Open, Kuerten and coach Larri Passos flew from Santa Catarina to Rio to see the sights, sounds and shows of the Brazilian Carnival. The former No. 1 spent much of his time in the VIP area of one of his sponsors – Guarana Kuat (a popular Brazilian soft drink of the Coca-Cola company) – and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

By Wednesday afternoon, Kuerten was back on the hard court in Florianopolis practicing with Passos.

"Last year Kuat invited me to come and I couldn’t," Kuerten said. "But this time, I found some time between my practice sessions and had a great time. It is a very beautiful party, everyone should come and see. It was a short visit, but it was worth it."

Coming off two consecutive weeks of strong play that saw Kuerten reach the semifinals of both Buenos Aires and Acapulco, the former Tennis Masters Cup champion plans to begin practicing at Indian Wells today as he continues preparation for the year's first Masters Series event.

"These two weeks that I played in Buenos Aires and Acapulco were very good for me," Kuerten said. "I reached two semis, raised a lot my level of play and got some important points in the ranking as well."

http://www.sportsmediainc.net/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=8099&bannerregion=

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
What, no pics of dancing Guga? :D

Funny how tennis can penetrate into your life. It was the first time this year that when I heard about the carnival, my first association was Guga and I womdered if he ever bothered to attend one ;)

Tennis...samba...coca-cola - very cosmopolitan ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts