Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My first time watching Rinderknech and I'm impressed, this guy has an all court game and doesn't move too badly for someone as big as he is. RBA didn't play badly, he consistent style can often be difficult for lower rank players to deal with but Rinderknech was too good. The last game was a rollercoaster, Rinderknech coming up with some clutch serves and shots to close it, he's definitely one to watch.

·
Registered
863 Posts
1st time I saw Rinderknech too - he looks good! Big serve, attacking tennis and good all round game. RBA wasn't playing badly either. Interesting turn in the tourney with RBA and Delbonis out and young Frenchmen Gaston and Rinderknech moving on.

·
Registered
62,568 Posts
Rinderknech is gonna be top 50 I'm sure

RBA looks done. Without the speed to run around the backhand anymore, he's toast.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Rinderknech is gonna be top 50 I'm sure

RBA looks done. Without the speed to run around the backhand anymore, he's toast.
Don't know much about Rinderknech, but he is 25 and just inside the top 100. From what I saw today, top 50 is very much a possibility. Late bloomer?

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
I just wanted to post a bold prediction today. It was about Rinderknech reaching top 30 in 2022. It's not bold anymore after this match though.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Don't know much about Rinderknech, but he is 25 and just inside the top 100. From what I saw today, top 50 is very much a possibility. Late bloomer?
He went to college in the US and started playing professional tournaments more or less regularly only four years ago. From March 2018 to March 2020 he imporved his ranking from outside Top 1000 to Top 200. Pandemic somewhat slowed down his progress, he struggled in the second half of 2020 but regrouped nicely this year.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
He and Benoit Paire just beat the top seeds in the first round of doubles so someone is having a very good day.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Skipping Olympics for this big flop lol. He could have had a shot at a medal depending on the draw but alas.

·
25,417 Posts
The Frenchman had beaten Sinner also this year and has been showing solid form after that run — he did seemingly appear from nowhere as I don't see him much in the Top 300 as a youngster but if he did come from the college system I now understand why (what's more interesting is why a French player is in the US college system in the first place with how dedicated the French system is to the general French public).

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Rinderknech's game is actually good to watch. For a player of his height he is relatively impressive. I expect him to become a solid TOP 50 player, unless some unfortunate slump happens.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The Frenchman had beaten Sinner also this year and has been showing solid form after that run — he did seemingly appear from nowhere as I don't see him much in the Top 300 as a youngster but if he did come from the college system I now understand why (what's more interesting is why a French player is in the US college system in the first place with how dedicated the French system is to the general French public).
yes, i remember him beating Sinner, i was stunned because at that time Sinner was quite hot! So this dude does have game. The question is, can he take his level higher

1 - 16 of 16 Posts