Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will win? The "artistic" Gasquet or the "axeman" Andreev?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Clash of styles here and it will be all flash Gasquet or the man with the touch of a bricklayer Andreev that will get the win here.

Andreev leads 2-1, though Gasquet won their only meeting on clay.

Vamos Igor

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Crush him in 2 sets Igor, it depends on which Andreev shows up.

I watched the last time they played and Andreev was getting serves up to his shoulder and head and was able to dictate the play from there, and the conditions at Gstaad, should help him be able to do that.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
GW, I can see you're a big fan of Gasquet.;) Richie to win in straights.:p

·
Registered
10,598 Posts
Clash of styles here and it will be all flash Gasquet or the man with the touch of a bricklayer Andreev that will get the win here.

Andreev leads 2-1, though Gasquet won their only meeting on clay.

Vamos Igor
Gasquet is rather more than that. He has reached 2 master series finals and a grand slam semi-final which is rather more than Andreev.

Has Gasquet done something to annoy you?

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gasquet is rather more than that. He has reached 2 master series finals and a grand slam semi-final which is rather more than Andreev.

Has Gasquet done something to annoy you?
Match up issue, that is what this game is about. So Gasquet has more talent than Andreev, but matches aren't won on looks and stylish groundstrokes alone.

·
Registered
10,598 Posts
Match up issue, that is what this game is about. So Gasquet has more talent than Andreev, but matches aren't won on looks and stylish groundstrokes alone.
Actually I think the number of matches Gasquet has played recently may be the problem. Players often follow a successful week with an early exit the next week.

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually I think the number of matches Gasquet has played recently may be the problem. Players often follow a successful week with an early exit the next week.
That has a bearing and Gasquet better hit plenty of down the line backhand winners.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
:zzz: Andreev probably, Richard must be tired of his SF run at Wimby. Still, Allez!

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Just saw their DC match on indoor clay, Richie won in straight then, and it was in Russia. Hard to predict, Igor is no mug on clay and Richard is still hampered by a minor foot injury. That didn't prevent him to record a better result against Vliegen than in RG when he was fully fit.

I can't exactly remember GWH commenting Richie's win over Roddick in Wimby (I might have missed him though) but I'm sure we'll see plenty of him if Igor prevails. :D

·
Registered
15,930 Posts
I can't exactly remember GWH commenting Richie's win over Roddick in Wimby (I might have missed him though) but I'm sure we'll see plenty of him if Igor prevails. :D
Neither can I. probably he could not find the keyboard after 93 winners, besides he had predicted an "easy" win for Roddick. :haha:

As for the match, Andreev is indeed the toughest opponent for Richard left in the draw, but if he still is in his Wimledon mode, I feel quite comfortable. If not, it is not a tragedy either, it will be the US hard court season deciding whether Richard goes to Shanghai or not.

·
124,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, I commented on it and it was toward the end of the match thread, you are smart enough to find it.

Puschkin, stop trying to steal my heart.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts