Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
62,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Korpiva is on something of a tear lately, he's got game. He wasn't exactly GOATing today either, served 46%.

Nonetheless.....lol. Top two seeds skipped the Olympics to lose in 2nd round on clay before the US Open series.

·
Registered
23,306 Posts
Epic. Kopriva played with a lot of force, swinging freely and taking risks on his second serves that paid off.

24 years old and a career high of #249 (his current ranking)

Djokovic can already start celebrating his Wimbledon 2022 title

750 Posts
Ah yes, the real Denis finally shows up. I'm sure everyone's gonna say this was an emotional let down after Wimb. but he simply lucked his way to the SFs with the easiest path since Alexandra Stevenson in 1999. Unquestionably the most overrated player in tennis history considering his ranking & actual accomplishments. (1..250 Title) Not one player in the top 32 with a worse Title resume.

·
Your visions will happen
52,869 Posts
Why is Shapo even playing a clay tournament at elevation when he should be training in America on hard court at sea level if he is to skip Tokyo?

Appearance fee surely

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
Didn't see the match, but you could see this tank job result coming a mile away. The only reason he could have possibly showed up at this event (an ATP 250 on clay between grass and the American hard court season coming) was the appearance fee.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I shall try to analyse this but I think my only conclusion would be Shapo was shit. Woow. Congrats to Kopriva who played way better than his ranking.

·
Moderator | PreviewBot
15,201 Posts
So embarrassing

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ah yes, the real Denis finally shows up. I'm sure everyone's gonna say this was an emotional let down after Wimb. but he simply lucked his way to the SFs with the easiest path since Alexandra Stevenson in 1999. Unquestionably the most overrated player in tennis history considering his ranking & actual accomplishments. (1..250 Title) Not one player in the top 32 with a worse Title resume.
Agree with this 100%. Shapovalov is atrocious and should be nowhere near the top 50

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
ajjaajajajjajaj

·
Registered
97 Posts
Why is Shapo even playing a clay tournament at elevation when he should be training in America on hard court at sea level if he is to skip Tokyo?

Appearance fee surely
Sharpo's selections of when to play and where to play are so questionable. He is a highly talented player, but still an element missing...

·
Registered
591 Posts
shapo is good on grass. shaky outside of it. Also these young guys seem to struggle a lot after tough losses. I mean, its hard for sure but gotta improve the mental game and focus on the task at hand, forget the past, dont worry about the future

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Kopriva undefeated at the ATP level, puts big three stats at shame. Likely he won't keep that record after the tourney is over, though, but he will definitely have a 100 % win rate against top ten players. I challenge you to find another player with such a record. More on topic: From what I saw (most of third set), it was clearly a tank job from Shapo, although Kopriva played well above his ranking.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts