Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally Bellucci with some good results.

He already won this tournament twice and the draw is full with mugs/clowns and semi-retired players, so a 3rd title is surely possible.

But Bellucci is a mug/clown too, so who knows? He can very well lose to Monaco in the QF's already. :lol:

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Hmm.. good revenge from Brasil Open :yeah:

he usually plays well on Gstaad, but you can´t count on him :facepalm:

·
23,064 Posts
W,1r,W,1r

W coming ?
First read it on the ATP website that he either loses in the 1st Round or wins it all. Didn't notice it was alternating, though. Gstaad GOAT every even-numbered season. Bellucci has been playing better than last year I think.

For Delbonis though, odd how he started 3-0 against Bellucci (last win was in Sao Paolo SF this year where he won the title there), but now lost to him in the past two meetings, first a 3-Setter Munich then now in Gstaad in straights. This is the 3rd consecutive Set Delbo lost to him, which is odd considering he won against Bellucci during 2012 when I think Bellucci was playing a lot better. After losing the 1st Set he lost the 1st game (typical non-top player down of losing the first game) while Bellucci served well and attacked well to win the 2nd Set. Delbo has his chances though (3 BPs saved by Bellucci) but wasn't able to capitalize. Like usual, he still has that erroneous game that seems to break down easy for a Top 50 (or close to -- currently #56).

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
There's something magical about Gstaad that helps Bellucci overcome his inner choker. He nearly lost the break at 5*-4 1st set and in the 2nd set but he came up with some clutch plays. He didn't use the dropshot enough considering Delbonis positioning way behind the baseline but he did at important moments(one of them at bp 5*-4) and it worked. I know Bellucci has problems with dfs but his second serve was excellent today.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Mugbonis :zzz:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Oh Fede :facepalm:

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There's something magical about Gstaad that helps Bellucci overcome his inner choker. He nearly lost the break at 5*-4 1st set and in the 2nd set but he came up with some clutch plays. He didn't use the dropshot enough considering Delbonis positioning way behind the baseline but he did at important moments(one of them at bp 5*-4) and it worked. I know Bellucci has problems with dfs but his second serve was excellent today.
Clay with altitude. For some reason this is the best combination for his highly unstable game.

Just noticed Bellucci can enter the TOP 50 with a title here. :eek:

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Is this the new "Ernesto :sport:"? :lol:
:superlol:

Unfortunately yes. But despite my use of the :zzz: smilie, i genuinely want F. Delbonis to achieve better results and have some consistency :(

I will use it when he win again (although now we are entering the dessert of the hard season now. Perhaps using that message in his threads can give him some luck (?)

Anyway

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Clay with altitude. For some reason this is the best combination for his highly unstable game.

Just noticed Bellucci can enter the TOP 50 with a title here. :eek:
Wow. really incredible. Let`s hope the brazilian mental midget returns where he belongs

·
23,064 Posts
:superlol:

Unfortunately yes. But despite my use of the :zzz: smilie, i genuinely want F. Delbonis to achieve better results and have some consistency :(

I will use it when he win again (although now we are entering the dessert of the hard season now. Perhaps using that message in his threads can give him some luck (?)

Anyway

:lol: I also wish well for Delbonis. I mean, he previous had one ATP SF I think long before the special Hamburg run last year, and he now has 3 ATP Finals, an ATP title but seemed to be stuck on the Top 50 when I think he could potentially be in the Top 25 with consistent performance IMO. That being said him being almost a non-factor non Clay is tough. What was the biggest winning streak he had on non-Clay before?

·
23,064 Posts
Same for many aggressive claycourters who don't defend overly well - the ball bounces up at good height for their strokes, but they do much more damage when they attack.
But why does Stan have a poor record here when playing? :confused:

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
:lol: I also wish well for Delbonis. I mean, he previous had one ATP SF I think long before the special Hamburg run last year, and he now has 3 ATP Finals, an ATP title but seemed to be stuck on the Top 50 when I think he could potentially be in the Top 25 with consistent performance IMO. That being said him being almost a non-factor non Clay is tough. What was the biggest winning streak he had on non-Clay before?
Mugbonis plays like a mummy on hardcourts, I don`t understand why because he has a game that could be compatible with that kind of courts, especially for the slowest ones.

He should hire a specific trainer for this part of the season because he feels like a legless man in this kind of courts.

His best results in Hard are one future won and a couple of semifinals in Futures and Challengers. ALl of them really weak, in Latin America.

:cool:

:zzz:

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
delbo playing like shit lately, nid(no doubts why he lost to sousa in RG this year)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts