Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19,648 Posts

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,447 Posts
Youzhny is a washed up joke now and has been for the entire year. It's hilarious to think that this time last year he was still ranked around the top 20 :superlol: Just retire already.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
It's really just been a steep drop down since last year...:hug:

·
Premium Member
62,010 Posts
Youzhny fell out of the top-100 this week, down to 101.

That ended a 756 week stretch, the 5th longest after Connors 888 weeks, McEnroe 852, Lendl 835 and Federer 825 (still active).

Looks like he won't get back in anytime soon.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Youzhny fell out of the top-100 this week, down to 101.

That ended a 756 week stretch, the 5th longest after Connors 888 weeks, McEnroe 852, Lendl 835 and Federer 825 (still active).

Looks like he won't get back in anytime soon.
The only chance is next week with a win or two in Kitzbuhel. It's a possibility I imagine. But then 100 points total are coming off from the NA Masters, and a bit later 180 from the Shanghai one. He isn't participating in any of those with such rating.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Mikhail just get your name changed to 'Bye' by deed poll already.

·
Banned
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think Boris Sobkin doesn't even bother to come Youzhny's matches. I didn't see him in the last 2 tournaments.

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
carreño :hearts:

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I really hope the Colonel has some Russian betting scam where he's getting like 100k per match, otherwise this is really, really sad. He used to be one of my favourites, but now he's just a complete joke.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I'm not giving up all hope - he can win some matches. It's been a terrible year for him and he has had a few injuries. Who knows what might be happening in his personal life that might be affecting his tennis. He has been known to slump. I remember him saying once that he didn't want to play the challenger level - it appears he will have to.

Davai Misha!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts