Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
La Goff really tried to choke this one away (Wasted 2 SPs in the 1st set, 5 SPs in the 2nd and 2 MPs in the 3rd :help:) but Sousa just wouldn't let him.

Bellucci next, should be fun.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

:facepalm:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Sousa played so well in the 2nd set. Was phisically done in the 2nd, mentally done in 3rd set TB. Too much tennis lately. What a shame. Goffin choked but it was a really high quality match. Sousa played only with his heart in the 3rd, almost was enough.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Sousa almost finally got the win against Goffin but it wasnt meant to be. A QF, not a bad week, now its time to prepare the hardcours season...

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
This is one of the most entertaining matches I have seen in a long time.

People have mentioned choking, but it is also players refusing to lose. They both kept battling. Fabulous shotmaking even at the end of the third set.

It's a pity about that TB in the third set.It doesn't reflect the quality of the match.

I started watching without really being invested in either player, and now I have a new-found respect for both.

Great show!

Congratulations to Goffin, well earned victory.

I hope Joao doesn't go away, he did great.

Tomorrow, though, I shall be firmly behind Bellucci. One of my old faves. :D

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Entertaining match :)

Sousa was unlucky in the end :eek:

He was way more entertaining than Goffin, who plays good tennis but is boring as hell. No emotions from him :( Why?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
This is one of the most entertaining matches I have seen in a long time.

People have mentioned choking, but it is also players refusing to lose. They both kept battling. Fabulous shotmaking even at the end of the third set.

It's a pity about that TB in the third set.It doesn't reflect the quality of the match.

I started watching without really being invested in either player, and now I have a new-found respect for both.

Great show!

Congratulations to Goffin, well earned victory.

I hope Joao doesn't go away, he did great.

Tomorrow, though, I shall be firmly behind Bellucci. One of my old faves. :D
Don't say that, Sombrero Loco is in ruins.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Entertaining match :)

Sousa was unlucky in the end :eek:

He was way more entertaining than Goffin, who plays good tennis but is boring as hell. No emotions from him :( Why?
he shows emotion but its not a break a racquet or screaming at himself kind of thing. its kind of a quieter reaction like an eye roll or looking at the sky in frustration or sometimes annoyed gestures

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
he shows emotion but its not a break a racquet or screaming at himself kind of thing. its kind of a quieter reaction like an eye roll or looking at the sky in frustration or sometimes annoyed gestures
Yes, he is more self-contained. But compared to Sousa, it looked as if he had no emotion... Of course he had, but Sousa was something else.

I had already seen him play, of course. And noticed how good looking he is :p... But today he was on fire, he took us for a ride of great tennis and great emotions: he was flying, shouting, jumping, hitting the ball with all his heart... He moved me. :worship:

Unfortunately he lost: but he lost to the better player. No hard feelings. :D

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
Goffin is so under appreciated it's ridiculous.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts