Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Gstaad F: Andujar def. Monaco 6-3, 7-5

Happy for Pablo first title in over 2 years. Monaco though, that epic choke at 5-3 in the second set. Monaco played better in the first half of each set, Pablo played the important points better, he was just more clutch.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
What an outburst of emotions after he won, wow. Both players really needed this, but I think Andujar just a little bit more. Only watched the first set, pretty decent tennis.

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
Fantastic result.
qft.

Surprising tournament, all in all.
Also, Mónaco choking, who would have thought? At least he did it on a Sunday, I had not seen this happening on a Sunday in a while. (I hope that's the end of some people's campaigning for having Mónaco back in the DC team)
Well done Andujar.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
An emotional victory for Andujar, nice to see this!

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
After the year Pablo's had, this is such a pleasant surprise. :hug:

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Also, Mónaco choking, who would have thought? At least he did it on a Sunday, I had not seen this happening on a Sunday in a while. (I hope that's the end of some people's campaigning for having Mónaco back in the DC team)
Berlocq and Mayer in singles, who else do you need?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Pablo :yeah: :woohoo: :D
well done :bigclap:

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
That miss by Monaco at 6*-5 30-0 Andujar :haha: Great result for Andujar and nice interview he speaks French very well :D

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
A fantastic result for the game.

·
Banned
6,672 Posts
Nice to see the guy with the great attitude winning the title. I know someone who was at the tourney and he said Andujar was asking around for someone to hit in the public when he couldn't find a pro, anyone at all, and that they had to chase him off the practice courts because he was on it 24/7. Given such an attitude I'm not surprised he won the title!

·
Registered
14,394 Posts
While the 2 didn't have "Finals form" coming in this season, Andujar did have momentum from his Hamburg run, and good to see him in some good form, relatively.

Monaco didn't play badly either, he just chokes all the time.

Btw Pablo and Pico lost their doubles semifinal together. :bigcry:

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Andujar is one of the nicest guys in tennis so it's great see him pick up another title. He's really found some good form again. :yeah:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts