Discuss.

Reactions: Yolita

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Federer decline, Olderer, etc.
Yes, but no credit to Nadal?

Btw not like Federer was a sitting duck in GS finals all this time. Since 2007, he still had a couple of years before he became Olderer.

·
Banned
6,801 Posts
Federer has showed his real level when real competition has come.
Djokovic has showed that he is an integral part of the Golden generation (1985-1988)
Nadal has showed that he is GOAT.

·
Banned
1,606 Posts
Yes, but no credit to Nadal?

Btw not like Federer was a sitting duck in GS finals all this time. Since 2007, he still had a couple of years before he became Olderer.
VictorP doesn't understand the concept of giving credit to worthy opponents of No1e.

·
-Oracle-
2,070 Posts
Gotta love these cherry-picked results. Next time you should only include the results from 2015, or post June 2015 results.

Federer has showed his real level when real competition has come.
Djokovic has showed that he is an integral part of the Golden generation (1985-1988)
Nadal has showed that he is GOAT.

By the way, weren't you a Murray stan? He is 0-3 against Fed in grand slam finals.

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,989 Posts
Nadal's grand slam finals record is excellent.

I wonder whether it will diminish as Federer's has in the autumn of his career, or if he'll manage to beat the younger guys should he make some more?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
The way it's going it doesn't look like he'll even reach major finals, thus protecting that "impressive" record.

Because everyone knows it's better to lose in the first or second round to players ranked outside the Top 100 than to reach the final and lose to Wawrinka or Djokovic

Clearly, I am better at Wimbledon than Ivan Lendl and Andy Roddick, since I am undefeated in Wimbledon finals

Reactions: Apophis

·
Banned
6,801 Posts
Gotta love these cherry-picked results. Next time you should only include the results from 2015, or post June 2015 results.

By the way, weren't you a Murray stan? He is 0-3 against Fed in grand slam finals.
It's enough the fact that Murray didn't allow Federer to make Golden Slam :dance:

·
Registered
894 Posts
Yeah, Nadal's record is impressive, but then again he is better than anyone (more than several matches played) in direct H2H except Davydenko. :eek:

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
Nadal has 4 straight losses at Wimbledon against top-200 players to protect his impressive records in GS finals :worship:

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
And:

Stan Wawrinka 2-0

·
Banned
6,801 Posts
Your fave can live with that fluke medal. His record against Fed is still 1-9 in slams and WTFs.(aka where it matters)

So yea:

It doesn't matter. I just enjoy Federer record against Nadal and Djokovic. :dance:

·
Registered
14,480 Posts
GS final W-L of the Big 3:

Nadal: 14-6 (70%)
Federer: 17-9 (65%)
Djokovic: 9-8 (52%)

GS final W-L of the #4:

Wawrinka: 2-0 (100%) :bowdown:

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
The way it's going it doesn't look like he'll even reach major finals, thus protecting that "impressive" record.

Because everyone knows it's better to lose in the first or second round to players ranked outside the Top 100 than to reach the final and lose to Wawrinka or Djokovic

Clearly, I am better at Wimbledon than Ivan Lendl and Andy Roddick, since I am undefeated in Wimbledon finals

Hmmm. Too early to say. I don't think his slide is irrevocable yet. He can afford a bad season and still make a few more finals considering he's not yet thirty. But his fitness is of ongoing concern.

As to the record, come off it: he's still made a bunch of finals in the period the op mentions. Regardless the early round losses it's still a great record.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
14,480 Posts
No. A 9-8 record is better than 9-2. But in the end of the day you'll only be remembered for your victories, not your defeats. Which is the point. 9 slams = 9 slams.

Useing your logic, a 9-8 is not better than a 9-2 record because all that matters are the only the 9 Slams anyway. :p

1 - 20 of 34 Posts