Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I hit a forehand I notice that my hand shifts slightly mid swing. I typically start at semi western and it shifts to just barely semi western, leaning toward eastern. As I've notice this I've been begun to try and squeeze the grip harder during my swing. Am I using a grip that is too big or too small? I'm 5' 10" with average hands and I use a 3/8 with one overgrip.solitaire.onl/ 9apps.ooo/

·
Registered
11,997 Posts
Try buying a continental grip. ;)

Your hand shouldn't slip as much.

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Your visions will happen
48,596 Posts
Sounds like a technique issue as opposed to an equipment issue

But why do you squeeze the grip harder? Is it nervousness? Is it because the grip is sweaty and you don't want the racquet to fly out of your hands? Is it a technical glitch in your form?

·
Registered
11,997 Posts
Try buying a continental grip. ;)

Your hand shouldn't slip as much.

Respectfully,
masterclass
By the way OP, this was just a joke, we had a hilarious classic thread years back that talked about where to to buy various grips... :)
Here it is: Grips - where can I buy them?????

But seriously, try borrowing a racquet with a slightly smaller grip, or get a more tacky overgrip or both and see what happens. If that doesn't work, it's probably something in your technique, swing mechanics, or the way you start off holding the grip. Good luck.

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
Have always preferred a slightly smaller grip size than recommended, thought it was less taxing on the fingers and forearms tendons.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts