Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watching Grigor sometimes you are thinking-well how this guy can play so good and then in the next game makes 3 UEs in a row to gift a break.Since his start at ATP he showed really big problems in his mental level.At the start of his career he showed that he has all the shots.Then serving for the sets against big names he served 2-3 DFs including the point to gave away the game.Since then he improved a lil bit this problem,but his mental issues are still there.Last year,Wimbledon SF against Djokovic,set points to make it to 5 set and then he just cant hit a ball to save his life,truly amazing and sad for sure.Today Richard were serving for the match got nervous missed 3 MPs in a row,40-40 Dimitrov felt the chance and this stopped him even to hit the ball - didnt even hit the net with his shots.How on the Earth player who is supposed to be first mentally strong can win matches when every time he is on pressure he cant even reach the net with his shot.Sad for a guy with his talent and guy who is so always so humble(maybe here is the problem).

·
Registered
27,280 Posts
OP needs to work on his own mentality after Dimitrov loses.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OP needs to work on his own mentality after Dimitrov loses.
Thank u for the advice.Like always when u make a post its for everything but the subject of the thread.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
It doesn't help that he has the fitness and mental strength of a dachshund and the ROS of Karlovic. A pitiful player and, indeed, man.

·
Registered
218 Posts
He's a good example (at least so far) that talent alone will not allow you to reach the top. He does have some weaknesses in his game that haven't been addressed. He doesn't seem to have that killer instinct. You watch him and you never really think he wants to absolutely demolish his opponents.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
He's a good example (at least so far) that talent alone will not allow you to reach the top. He does have some weaknesses in his game that haven't been addressed. He doesn't seem to have that killer instinct. You watch him and you never really think he wants to absolutely demolish his opponents.
His fans don't really seem to care about actually winning matches (not that he is especially talented - a borderline top 25 talent at best) as long as he produces a 'hot shot' every few weeks.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OP is the excuses GOAT
What excuses darling ,this is the problem of his career and really cant see him somehow find a solution to this,gonna ruin his career......

·
Registered
14,476 Posts
It doesn't help that he has the fitness and mental strength of a dachshund and the ROS of Karlovic. A pitiful player and, indeed, man.

I didn't know that dachshund is an English word :eek:

·
Registered
345 Posts
I am sure if you go back in this forum 3-5 years ago, the same things were being said about Wawrinka, although I understand that Dimitrov expectations are higher given his junior accomplishments.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Nah man this ain't about mentality - losing in three straight sets to Gasquet ain't about mentality.

And on a more general note: there are several sports in which you can really luck out, they even have a word/metaphor for it - lucky punch.
But in every tennis match hundreds of points are being played, it's such a huge "sample size" that mentality/luck/etc. can only be a factor in decisive moments or crunch time or whatever. Generally spoken: quality prevails, not mentality.

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
what does this shanksboy have against dimitrov?I mean people here seem to hate him for 0 reasons..grigor is obviously an extremly talented player...and one guy was sayng something about the fact that it s more about quality over mentality..that s not true at all..of course quality is very very important but I play sports (football and tenis) and I can play very good when I m mentaly ok and chilled and also not as good when I have other exterior problems that bother me and make me think about them..so yeah dimitrov s mentality is more questionable than his talent ...stan is the same case he clearly is an very gifted player (I dont think anybody can deny that ) but he still looses matches that he really shouldn t ..and that s because he isn t focused 100% every time unlike djoko or fed or even andy ...not because he doesn t have the quality or shots

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
what does this shanksboy have against dimitrov?
I don't have anything against the poor pusher but he is overrated, overranked and it's my duty to expose the truth about him :shrug::shrug:

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Was always going to be tough for Grigor to have the baby Federer name (not his fault he was given it)

If you don't start to get the Federer results, it gets tougher as the years go past

The biggest match of his life was Djoko Wimbledon semi final last year, he needed to win that match and blew it when Djokovic was unsure of himself

Dimitrov has never been the same since.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts