Mens Tennis Forums banner

Grigor Dimitrov Futur #1-Top 5-Top 10 Or Top 15???

• Futur #1

Votes: 21 38.2%
  • Top 5

Votes: 24 43.6%
  • Top 10

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Top 15

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Grigor will reach #1 at least once in his career.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Future top 15 imo

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Then who's going to be number 1 in three years time?
Djokovic,Nadal be still around and thiem,Vesely,Kyrgios,Coric etc you don't know how the younger players will develop and with Dimi being 23 hasn't shown signs of being a NO 1, he could be no doubt I just don't think he will

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
i think he has it in him to be a top 5, maybe top 3 as long as he stays healthy.

He'd need to bring another level to dream of more than this. Not impossible, but it would take many factors combining - Rafa and Fed retiring, Djokovic level dropping, newer guys not making it too high and mostly - him wining more than one Slam.

He might be #1 one day, but that's after 2018 and it's a huge if.

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Djokovic,Nadal be still around and thiem,Vesely,Kyrgios,Coric etc you don't know how the younger players will develop and with Dimi being 23 hasn't shown signs of being a NO 1, he could be no doubt I just don't think he will
What? he has won tournaments on all surfaces this year. He has beaten Djokovic and Murray already and has challanged Nadull in 2 matches. And his game is still visibily progressing.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
What? he has won tournaments on all surfaces this year. He has beaten Djokovic and Murray already and has challanged Nadull in 2 matches. And his game is still visibily progressing.
Through thats why I think he be Top 5 player maybe 3 but he's 23 with 1 Slam QF including R1 at RG this year and he is the same age as Raonic(who will never be no 1),I don't dislike Dimi just personally don't think he'll make NO 1

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Number 1 for about 49 weeks, sounds about right.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Grigor will reach #1 at least once in his career.
yeah, yeah. They said that for Murray, Del Potro, Gasquet and so many other players. Check out some old threads from 2006/07. I'm not going to even mention some retired players who won slams etc. and never achieved number 1.

I don't have a crystal ball but I do know that Dimi needs to start winning big tournaments (masters/slams) before we talk about #1. Top ten is realistic atm based on his decent form this year.

I'd say let's breath and take it easy.

·
Your visions will happen
47,134 Posts
If he doesn't win at least 1 slam he should be very pissed off.

#1, well we gonna see

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Most likely is Future No.1 with 3-4+ Slams

From the players currently in the top 150, only Tomic has a better shot to dominate the tour and that's if he manages to get his head straight and focus on tennis in the next couple of important years for his development. The other guys Thiem, Vesely, Kyrgios, Sock, Janowicz, Raonic, Nishikori etc... have more limitations or less dedication even than Dimitrov.

In my opinion there is no point to speculate about the really young kids that are outside of top 150 and haven't played more than a handful of ATP matches...

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Dimitrov has very little time. Already 23 and he's not in top 10, never made a deep slam run. If he doesn't do anything in the last two slams this year he may end up like another Berdych or even Gasquet.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Dimitrov has very little time. Already 23 and he's not in top 10, never made a deep slam run. If he doesn't do anything in the last two slams this year he may end up like another Berdych or even Gasquet.
or Wawrinka..........

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
:) Anyone that thought that e.g. Gasquet or Berdych would do anything special after seeing where their game was at 23, should have started checking their brain on a monthly basis a long time ago.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
:) Anyone that thought that e.g. Gasquet or Berdych would do anything special after seeing where their game was at 23, should have started checking their brain on a monthly basis a long time ago.
I was not comparing their games. I was referring to similar career paths.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts