Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Not only QF, but whole tournament best 500 ever no doubt about it, comparing to Memphis it is really joke:D to even think they are the same category 500...

·
Registered
205 Posts
the sheik getting some decent return on his appearance fee investment.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Dosh speaks

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
it is pretty insane. Barcelona will always be my favorite 500 just on the basis of the club's extremely long history. BUT obviously Dubai is today the most prestigious and impressive

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Not really, since the ATP500 series is not destined to portray the very top of the tour, but rather a balanced mix of the second tier.

Beijing 2011 was a decent example of a template for the series.

If you're a tard or a gloryhunter and this post rattles you, spare me your comments.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Not really, since the ATP500 series is not destined to portray the very top of the tour, but rather a balanced mix of the second tier.

Beijing 2011 was a decent example of a template for the series.

If you're a tard or a gloryhunter and this post rattles you, spare me your comments.
well said.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Fed's ruins it.

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Dubai has a weird field, there's a huge gap between players of the top Top 10 and the rest. "Second league" players choose Acapulco and Delray Beach, it opens a possibility for the "3rd league" players to win one round with a solid fee in Dubai.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Dubai has a weird field, there's a huge gap between players of the top Top 10 and the rest. "Second league" players choose Acapulco and Delray Beach, it opens a possibility for the "3rd league" players to win one round with a solid fee in Dubai.
And that's why we saw nothing in first 3 days

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Is it possible in the near future for the ATP to make the Dubai into a Masters 1000 event? and take one of the masters down to a 500 tier?

I'm not asking whether or not they SHOULD although that could spark some very good discussion. Rather, I'm asking how hard it would be for the ATP to make that kind of change. I know they've done it in the past with Hamburg and Shanghai, but is it still possible.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
By Fed surely you meant the overrated underachieving overdefensive underclutch overchoking underwhelming Scotsman?
So by this, it's safe to assume you're not one of those that are overrating him then *chin rub*

This would have been stronger had Soderling been around.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Gloryhunters wet dream.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts