Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
14,092 Posts
Not sure if it qualifies as a "niche" but here's a great Danish movie:

Wanted to watch this but Amazon didnt have it in original language WITH subtitles

·
Registered
14,092 Posts
Duel (1971)

A very early, very underrated Spielberg movie... production cost: LOW AF

Love this movie.

As for a couple foreign ones:

A Prophet

Cell 211

·
Registered
14,092 Posts
znam, most of those are foreign movies, not obscure ones.

Das Leben der Anderen is famous on a global scale.

·
Registered
10,511 Posts
most of those are foreign movies
Thanks to torrent I watch a lot of foreign films from all around the world, in torrent files subtitles are almost always available in English. I am such a terrible cinephile (terrible because it takes a lot of time of my daily life). Recommend all.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts

It was a flop of sorts, but really really interesting idea of making a movie that is actually a chess game on a deeper level (and I don't even like chess), and a battle between good and evil on an even deeper level, and humans are just pawns in it being played by higher invisible forces.

Few really amazing quotes, of which I will post my fav:

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"

·
Registered
10,511 Posts

It was a flop of sorts, but really really interesting idea of making a movie that is actually a chess game on a deeper level (and I don't even like chess), and a battle between good and evil on an even deeper level, and humans are just pawns in it being played by higher invisible forces.

Few really amazing quotes, of which I will post my fav:

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"
Enjoyed that one, still can't believe how it is rated only 6,5 by the imdb users.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Enjoyed that one, still can't believe how it is rated only 6,5 by the imdb users.
I can still watch it and find things that I missed, that fit and compliment the explanation. Well the reason is because it takes some thinking to connect all the dots, the movie is very deep, and people just want to have fun nowadays, hence hangover having success.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I don't know if it's obscure enough, I saw the 2012 Leos Carax movie "Holy Motors" for the first time yesterday. Insane, magical stuff

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,637 Posts
This Chinese film (directed by Stephen Chow) called "Journey to the West" is very funny.

Just see this scene:

Trailer:

Outrageous but a lot of fun.

For Chinese Martial arts, the Ip Man 1 and 2 movies are very good, as is The Grandmaster (The Grandmaster's narrative style is VERY attractive).

·
Super Moderator
7,350 Posts
This Chinese film (directed by Stephen Chow) called "Journey to the West" is very funny.

Just see this scene:

Trailer:

Outrageous but a lot of fun.
This looks awesome. (y)

In a way reminds me of films like Shaolin Soccer and Kung Fu Hustle. I'll definitely check it out.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,637 Posts
This looks awesome. (y)

In a way reminds me of films like Shaolin Soccer and Kung Fu Hustle. I'll definitely check it out.
same director ;)

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
A place beyond the pines...

21 - 40 of 62 Posts