Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post trailers of films you enjoyed that are not mainstream or well known. I have seen a load as used to work in cinema as young clown and got suggestions regularly...

Please add finds

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lars and the real girl. Ryan gosling thinks his sex toy is really alive

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Punch Drunk Love.
Adam Sandler as an awkward weirdo

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
Maybe this one:
sorry it's black and white again but it is a 1992 movie, very good especially thanks to brilliant acting from Benoit Poelvoorde.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,637 Posts
This thing is pretty much what I imagine NextGenKing might like.

It's called Guesthouse Paradiso featuring British comedy actors Rik Mayall and Adrian "Eddie" Edmundson. The slapstick comedy is cringe at times but you can't look away. One of my friends showed it to me and I can't think of a movie quite like it, though in the same vane as something like For a B-movie it had Simon Pegg and Bill Nighy moderately early in their career.

I won't share a trailer because it's best seen the way it is, you can figure if you want to keep watching after the first 20 minutes, in which features a real good fight scene, see below for some links:

There's also this Arnie flick which is less well appreciated. Trailer makes it sound a little clichéd but it's a fun action flick regardless.

And this Russian astronaut film perhaps does it a bit better than Hollywood. Very weighted on the political front.

And I've always loved the film Fair Game, a pretty good biopic based on real life events where CIA agent gets exposed in public by the US government in order to protect their interests.

·
Registered
10,407 Posts

The Hallelujah Handshake, a very strange 1970 film directed by Alan Clarke.

"Henry is a misfit who seeks social acceptance by throwing himself with fervour into the life of first Methodist, then Anglican, congregations - to the perplexity of the respective clergy."

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
A Tale of Two Sisters (absolutely loved this film):

An Elephant Sitting Still (a bit of a downer but a truly masterfully crafted film):

This movie is so good. I really need to watch it again some time.
A Tale of Two Sisters is an all tim favorite of mine...

1 - 20 of 62 Posts