Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I would start this thread now. here's his schedule:

Stuttgart
Halle
Nottingham
Wimbledon

So he is committed to playing a full schedule ,which i guess is commendable because a lot of players who suck on a surface just play the minimum. some questions:

1. will he win a set, let alone a match on the surface this year?
2. did he learn from his experience last year and will he have made some adjustments to fair better on the surface?
3. what do you expect of him on it this year?

honestly, for me i just hope he can win a couple matches. there is nothing to lose and all he can do is gain points in june

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
I figured I would start this thread now. here's his schedule:

Stuttgart
Halle
Nottingham
Wimbledon

So he is committed to playing a full schedule ,which i guess is commendable because a lot of players who suck on a surface just play the minimum. some questions:

1. will he win a set, let alone a match on the surface this year?
2. did he learn from his experience last year and will he have made some adjustments to fair better on the surface?
3. what do you expect of him on it this year?

honestly, for me i just hope he can win a couple matches. there is nothing to lose and all he can do is gain points in june
He's good a good couple of weeks to practice. I hope he gets a couple of decent draws, but yes, he can win a couple matches, I think (one can always draw one of my countrymen in Wimbledon R1 after all).

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
qualifier in stuttgart in his first round ..there are some really good grass courters there. cilic is the seed in his section and becker could face him in the 2nd round. in translation: tough draw. hopefully he gets a qualifier he can beat in the first round but i doubt he'll be winning more than 1 match

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
yeah, if Domi gets a weak qualifier, he can make R2. I can't see him getting past Becker, though.

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
I don't expect a win in the whole grass season but considering that the serve got much better in the last few weeks he may have a chance to get his first grass MD win. A qualifier who already played 3 matches isn't a good opponent for the first round IMHO.
And with his luck he will get someone like Dustin Brown - no chance :eek:

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't expect a win in the whole grass season but considering that the serve got much better in the last few weeks he may have a chance to get his first grass MD win. A qualifier who already played 3 matches isn't a good opponent for the first round IMHO.
And with his luck he will get someone like Dustin Brown - no chance :eek:
your expectations are low:lol:

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Thanks god Domi got Mischa Zverev and not Dustin Brown :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
:eek: well that was bad.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
0-2 on grass so far and 0-4 in sets. i hope he can get some confidence going before wimbledon somewhere, this sucks.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
He's playing so well vs Nishikori. I'm positive about the rest of his season.

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Domi won't win a grass match this year, he's so unlucky with his draws :sobbing:

In Nottingham he has a bye in first round, but then he will have to play against Muller ( :bigcry: ) or Edmund.

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
I was wrong thanks god!

First win on grass - 6-3 6-1 against Jaziri :worship:

12 Aces, 8 in the 2nd set.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
really happy he got a win. he's getting better on the surface, thats for sure and thats what you like to see. he really did give kei a great battle in halle last week . hopefully he gets a nice draw at wimbledon and maybe win a match or 2

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
really annoyed with the loss today. his slam season so far is really disappointing. 2 losses in slams in a row he could and should have won

1 - 19 of 19 Posts