Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wimbeldon gets under way and there are a few decent prices in the first round. this morning I was in my local Paddy Power shop and I saw Kamke at 10/11, surely that is a banker. I checked again later and it was 1/2, I am not sure if they made an early mistake or what but I clearly missed out there, 1/2 is still a banker on him imo.

If you are looking for value then Dustin Brown at 5/4 to beat Baggy could be it and I am considering playing this one.

Lopez gets a break until Tuesday and surely he is mustard for a 3-0 win against some clown that never won a match in his life!

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
If you are looking for value, Daniel Evans is a must get. I don't understand why the odds are drifting on him

And lol at your Sugita description :lol:

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I try avoid matches that involve Russian Players but Evans looks value alright. Homeboy will have the crowd behind him, you see anything else that might swing it in his favour?

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Kamke a banker :haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

with odds around 1.4-1.5 ...

against a decent grass court player like hernych

HAHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaa

most epic post ever

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Apart from the crowd, the surface :shrug: Even though Kuznetsov is not your typical claycourter that can barely move on grass, i don't think he can be trusted on this surface. And the biggest problem with Evans by far is his consistency (or the lack of) followed by motivation (in some of his matches his body language is terrible) but here i'm thinking he'll try to give his best in front of his home fans

·
Registered
476 Posts
Wimbeldon gets under way and there are a few decent prices in the first round. this morning I was in my local Paddy Power shop and I saw Kamke at 10/11, surely that is a banker. I checked again later and it was 1/2, I am not sure if they made an early mistake or what but I clearly missed out there, 1/2 is still a banker on him imo.

If you are looking for value then Dustin Brown at 5/4 to beat Baggy could be it and I am considering playing this one.

Lopez gets a break until Tuesday and surely he is mustard for a 3-0 win against some clown that never won a match in his life!
Experience has always taught me to steer well clear of players that have been extra busy just before a slam. Those sort of players never eat their cake and have it. Never!! in most cases. Lopez has chosen to pick up safer smaller prizes as opposed to saving himself for the slam. In my opinion wise move. It is now almost certain that he will be an early casualty. He started 1/9 against Sugita and shortened to 1/7 with Sugita remaining still. Very bad news on my formula. He might still fall over the winning line in a hardly fought battle, but for you to even think 3-0 Lopez is another way of jumping in front of a moving train in this scenario. Def overs or a no touch match. Tennis is not so straightforwardly add and subtract. Good luck anyway!!!!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Outrider, would you like to lay me evens on Kamke then? I will take an even 500euro with you if you are that confident. PM me and we will arrange it via Paypal, whereabouts in Germany are you?

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Outrider, would you like to lay me evens on Kamke then? I will take an even 500euro with you if you are that confident. PM me and we will arrange it via Paypal, whereabouts in Germany are you?
I do not exactly understand what do you want from me. And i am pretty sure you did not get the point at all.

You talked about the match like it is a clear 3-0 for Kamke, like 6-3 6-2 6-2, a "banker" is something like this.

Kamke is never ever a banker here. He is the favorite but Hernych is a tricky opponent, especially on grass.

Why i should bet on this shit? Then i would prefer put 500 Euro on bets like Cuevas or Mathieu. Looks like more value than this here, no matter if you are on Kamke or Hernych.

I'll take bets if they have some kind of value for me. And Kamke - Hernych is a match without vale. 0 value. For me. So why in gods name i should put money on this? Or even betting with you on such a shitty match?

But good luck with value bets on Lopez 3-0 ...... :wavey:

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I never mentioned anything about 3-0 for Kamke but I am fairly confident that he will win, maybe not 3-0 but yet he will win! You found this hysterical and as a result I am asking you to have a private bet with me on this match but sadly you declined and made excuses!
Whereabouts in Germany are you anyway?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fair play to ya if you are putting 500 on Cuevas or Mathieu, perhaps you could double them up and maybe even stick them in a treble or accum with Golubev and Lorenzi?????????

On a more relevant note when it comes to looking for longshots, does anyone think Janowicz could be upset by Devvarman? I dont know much about Devvarman tbh but I do know that Jersey is in the worst form of his life and cant be trusted for a second!

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
I never mentioned anything about 3-0 for Kamke but I am fairly confident that he will win, maybe not 3-0 but yet he will win! You found this hysterical and as a result I am asking you to have a private bet with me on this match but sadly you declined and made excuses!
Whereabouts in Germany are you anyway?
Excuses? Sorry, but i have a system and i won't gift my money away with betting on matches i don't want to be involved.
I already took my first round bets and Hernych isn't one of them.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Would you like to share them on here or does it suit you better just to criticize other peoples selections? For the third time of asking, where in Germany are you?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I agree with Brown I have taken him @2.1

On the womens side I really like the prices given to a few slight underdogs.

Coco @2.4 vs Muguruza is very reasonable considering she breezed past her in straight on grass just a week ago before taking her first wta title, confidence will be sky high and she has had a couple of days to rest now so I don't see fatigue playing a part this early. Only thing that bothers me is Muguruza seems to be one of those big occasion players much like Sloane who play above their abilities at grand slams, and Coco on the other hand has rarely made it past R1 of any GS.

Wozniak @2.6 vs Cibulkova. This price didn't scream value I think it is decent. Cibulkova had a forgettable clay run and lost her return to grass against Shvedova so I am hoping she will find it tough to adapt with such little playing time recently. Wozniak has had an abundance of grass time with 7 wins already, 3 coming here at Wimbledon.

de Brito @3.2 vs Kuznetsova. Again I value players who have had vastly more time to adapt to the grass, and this is a big one in that regard. de Brito has had a host of matches already and grass is her favorite surface, she'll be dying to get back out there after her famous victory over Sharapova last year. Kuznetsova has only played 1 grass game since 2011 and she lost it, she was really awful on hard courts earlier this year but turned things around on clay. There's clearly a wealth of difference in ability between these 2 players but I think things could be set up here for a big upset given the surface and occasion.

Good luck fellas

·
Registered
512 Posts
Groth, Young and Evans. What do you think guys, do I have any chance on these?

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
I already said my opinion about Evans and i think Groth could hit if indeed Dolgopolov is not fit enough. Because if he is, he is well known for being a tough matchup for servebots

But idk about Young... in my books Becker is clearly the better grasscourter, the only way it could hit it would be because of Becker's shape as he might feel a bit tired flying from Netherlands to London with only one day of rest. If it's a long match, Young might win but i won't be betting any cent on him

1 - 20 of 34 Posts