Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Covid isn't going away any time soon so eventually the world is going to have to accept it's one of the risks inherent with any large scale project and work out how we deal with that risk to mitigate it, may as well be sooner rather than later.
Yes, we're all bound to catch COVID sooner or later but I would most certainly rather catch it LATER when there's a better & more clear treatment protocol. Right now treatment is based on a lot of trial & error and small, mostly anecdotal studies. A safe & effective vaccine could take years at best, but developing an effective treatment protocol that could reduce mortality to <0.1% (around that of the flu or ideally zero!) might be more feasible in the short-term. At that point I'd feel better about re-opening an international sport like tennis.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
ESPN runs the show. Sadly, what they want is how the decision will be made. I repeat what I said before: I wish they would listen to people like me and just cancel.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
"The United States is opening their border to allow foreign-born professional athletes to enter the country exempt from travel restrictions."

It's happening. (y)

And in NYC there was an immunity of over 20 % already over a month ago, so it might even take place with spectators...

41 - 46 of 46 Posts