Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
no commercials and now they are showing tennis for the rest of the day too instead of their regular programming

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Great. I need more caffeine. I also need to figure out why I'm seeing 1 and half of everything...

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I think it was one of their best broadcast days I can ever remember. I left Fed's match about 3am EST. ESPN kept it commerical free, but I couldn't handle the emotional rollercoaster. I was shocked the Hewitt/Baggy match was playing live this morning.
ESPN should be proud of the coverage in the past 15 hours.

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Between ESPN and Tennis Channel, I will honestly be able to say that I've been watching tennis for 24 hours straight around 1ish Pacific time today (minus some sleeping during the Venus match) and most of it was live.

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
No commercials in US TV? That's impossible. :eek:
It happens from time to time, especially at 2 AM Pacific time when ESPN knows its only about 12,000 insane tennis fans watching. There is nothing they could sell us at that point anyway, so why bother. ;)

·
Registered
17,115 Posts
:hatoff:

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
:worship:

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Wonderful!
I hope they keep it up.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Yeah, it was really great coverage. Makes up for all those times they show a doubles match instead of some exciting singles match. :p ;)

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Message sent (including a comment about those taped doubles matches ;) ).

·
Registered
853 Posts
ESPN/Tennis Channel has been great! I have been (almost) watching non-stop tennis too from 8pm CST last night to 11:30am today. Missed the Venus-Sania match. Couldn't stay awake to support my country woman :sad:. Now I am watching Fed/Tipsy replay on ESPN :).

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
we don't get commercials at night on eurosport either if i remember correctly.
That's what I love about Eurosport. And even at day time, they don't show them at every changeover, which is usually the case for US TV.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,508 Posts
I have to give big props to British Eurosport too for staying with the singles even though it fouled up their afternoon schedule a good-un, since they were supposed to show Biathlon from around lunchtime.

It's appreciated.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts