Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Sacks his entire staff ? Who supported him all these years??

This is why I just love him...Man he is so radical..??

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I can't believe whart I'm reading. Apparently the new meme is to go after Novak's mental health.

The words psychotic, deep deprtession, psychiatric problems, madness, unhinged...you name it. The more disrespectful, the better.

Do these clowns think we don't remember their professional predictions when Novak hired Boris? They were writing Novak off, taking bets when Boris would be fired, predicting the end of Novak's career, giving expert analysis why Novak was doing such a stupid thing. It was all his craving for popularity, nothing to do with tennis... They were so wrong, so spectacularly wrong. .. You would think they would be a little embarrased and a little more cautious after being shown what complete idiots they were... But no: they are flaunting their mean-spiritedness, their envy, their wishful thinking, their schadenfreude. :lol:

Too much, really. I'm hoping Novak proves them wrong, for the millionth time. :lol:
Honestly when I saw the news of him bumping a car with his Fiat (with lots of Peace and Love stuff written all over the car), my first thought that he had gone crazy :lol:

I really do hope that he'll roar back soon. I really miss fiery Novak on mission

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
For any normal player, getting to QF and SF consecutively in 2 masters are great achievement. But since this is Novak, this has been nothing but great disappointment.

My threads have been pretty awful this year. Winning Rome is almost impossible to ask for, but stranger things have happened before in tennis :lol:

Pretty sad with how everything turned out after he won RG last year. At this rate, I guess it's safe to say that he wont make it to London this year. Life can be so disappointing at times...

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
For any normal player, getting to QF and SF consecutively in 2 masters are great achievement. But since this is Novak, this has been nothing but great disappointment.

My threads have been pretty awful this year. Winning Rome is almost impossible to ask for, but stranger things have happened before in tennis :lol:

Pretty sad with how everything turned out after he won RG last year. At this rate, I guess it's safe to say that he wont make it to London this year. Life can be so disappointing at times...
I think it's too early to say that.

He's making prorerss...baby steps.

Let us not forget the following. There are 13 elite events in the tennis season taht all top players must play: 4 Grand Slams, the World Tour Finals and 8 Masters 1000. In June last year, Novak had the trophies of ALL of them, with the exception of 3 masters, for which he had the runner-up plates.
10 elite trophies, including all Grand Slams, the WTFs and 5 masters plus 3 RU plates. :eek:

Never before in history had a player been so dominant. I don't think we'll ever see it again.

So of course he got a little tired. Of course he felt he had done it all.

But he's not 30 yet. He'll be back. Don't doubt it.

And with Murray losing to Fabio, Novak may have more motivation, knowing he can cut the deficit.

Who knows?

Don't be disappointed, my friends. These are leaner times. But we have been spoiled rotten for a long time. Time to understand what it is not to be a Nole fan. :D

·
Registered
791 Posts
Step by step. Go Nole! :)

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Big day today.. Two matches possibly in less than 12 Hours...Go Rock Nole

Hopefully he doesnt fall in the trap of completing one match "fast" and save himself for the other. There is nothing like finishing a Match fast. Its a Top Level, almost all players are highly competitive.. If you want to finish a match fast, the next thing you know you are 5-5 in the third of 3-3 in the 5th.. There is no short cut.

·
Registered
611 Posts
This could be good for Novak. He gets two matches in a day. He might have to play five sets on slow dirt, setting up for the FO. I think he can win quickly against DP. It might even help to have a few games and get going. Thiem comes in cold and Novak's already in the groove. Novak still has to win these two matches to keep his points from last year too. Winning the title is gravy 400 points.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I miss both of his matches today
Fake fan I am :sobbing:

And of course, he's peaking when i'm not watching. so sad :tears:
But he defends his last year Final. I hope he can secure another 400 points by winning the title :cheerleader:

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
I loved both matches today. The best I've seen him all year, including the Doha final. Against Thiem he was roaring his head off, as some British journo put it. Lovely. Absolutely lovely.

We shall see tomorrow whether he is too tired mentally, because his focus never wavered.

In any case, he defended his final points and is in great shape going into Roland Garros.

Good show.

Good luck tomorrow. 4pm local time. :)

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
And of course when I watch the match, he gave the worst display of tennis ever.
Well fuck you too Novak :lol:

Finally this thread is over. I'm so done making another one.
Hoping for the best for RG, but if somehow he crashes in first round I wouldnt be surprised. Sorry for being Negative Nancy

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
And of course when I watch the match, he gave the worst display of tennis ever.
Well fuck you too Novak :lol:

Finally this thread is over. I'm so done making another one.
Hoping for the best for RG, but if somehow he crashes in first round I wouldnt be surprised. Sorry for being Negative Nancy
Damn, i was just about to suggest you open the RG thread.

This breakthrough of Zverev is a great thing to happen to tennis but much less so for us, i personally don't feel sad since i like Zverev (it's the Kyrgios loses that piss me off) but given what Novak showed this week it must be disappointing he came up short. If he can find the hunger and fire he felt yesterday (he hasn't shown any of it today tbh) I am confident he can do well at RG , a lot will also depend on a draw, these aren't the times anymore where you could be i guess almost calm about Novak reaching the second week.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Damn, i was just about to suggest you open the RG thread.

This breakthrough of Zverev is a great thing to happen to tennis but much less so for us, i personally don't feel sad since i like Zverev (it's the Kyrgios loses that piss me off) but given what Novak showed this week it must be disappointing he came up short. If he can find the hunger and fire he felt yesterday (he hasn't shown any of it today tbh) I am confident he can do well at RG , a lot will also depend on a draw, these aren't the times anymore where you could be i guess almost calm about Novak reaching the second week.
Yeah, is it really bad that all I want from him is to make the second week :lol:
I'll make the thread again probably if no one makes it. I'd feel guilty if no one continues this thread tradition. I feel so stupid.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts