Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOVAK DJOKOVIC 2017 ATP CLAY SEASON THREAD
MONTECARLO-MADRID-ROME

Welcome to Djokoland's 2017 Clay Season Cheering Thread! After a long spell of tennis absence, clay season is just a day away to start. Our Novak is reported to play all the Clay Master and has been seen practising on Court des Princes to play his first terre-battue tournament at Monte Carlo.

Australian summer and North American spring were very hard to swallow for Nolefam. La question du jour: can our rebellious Djoker gets his mojo back on clay and snatch back the pure dominance over the tour which he showed us just a year ago? Only time can tell. Allez-Vamos-Dai!

MONTECARLO

Best Result:
WINNER in 2013 def. Rafael Nadal 6–2, 7–6(7–1)
WINNER in 2015 def. Tomáš Berdych 7–5, 4–6, 6–3
Last Year - LOST in R2 to Jiří Veselý 4–6, 6–2, 4–6

MADRID

Best Result:
WINNER in 2011 def. Rafael Nadal 7–5, 6–4
Last Year - WINNER def. Andy Murray 6–2, 3–6, 6–3

ROME

Best Result:
2008 def. Stan Wawrinka 4–6, 6–3, 6–3
2011 def. Rafael Nadal 6–4, 6–4
2014 def. Rafael Nadal 4–6, 6–3, 6–3
2015 def. Roger Federer 6–4, 6–3
Last Year - LOST in FINAL to Andy Murray 3–6, 3–6​

-------------------------------------------------------​

All fans and lurkers ;), do not hesitate post any related photos, interview and articles in this thread. To be honest I'm just hoping for the best, preparing for the worst :p. His Montecarlo's draw will be in the second page. Cheers for an enjoyable Djokovisque clay season!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
MONTE-CARLO
Venue: Monte Carlo Country Club
Category: Masters 1000
Surface: Clay, outdoors
Prize money: €4,273,775

-----------------------------------------

Novak's quarter:
(6) Dominic Thiem - Bye
Federico Delbonis - Robin Haase
(Q) Martin Klizan - Nicolas Almagro
Steve Darcis - David Goffin

(13) Pablo Carreno Busta - Fabio Fognini
Karen Khachanov - Nicolas Mahut
Gilles Simon - Malek Jaziri
Bye -(2) Novak Djokovic

If not careful, Simmon and Fognini may bring some early challenge for Novak. Personally I hate it that my young favorite Khachanov is in the same quarter bracket with Novak. Should he succesful in navigating this part, Nole shall be rewarded with a possible encouter vs the defending champion, Rafael Nadal.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Good luck, Novak! :cheerleader:

And he's playing doubles, too, with Viktor. And he will start by playing Simon, both in singles and in doubles. :( He better win. :cheerleader:

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Well, the match was a real rollercoaster. Novak was up a set and a break, and then he had a meltdown. Simon served for the match, and was broken. Novak really got himself out of that hole.

I am optimistic because Novak produced brilliant tennis in parts and a great mental toughness. He needs more confidence, but that will come with more matches.

80 points in the bank. :lol:

Next: the winner of Carreño Busta and Khachanov.

Let's hope for a more straightforward match. My poor heart can only take so much.:)

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Another thing, I almost forgot to tell you:

Carole Bouchard, the French journalist, will release her new book, called The Quest, about Novak winning Roland Garros last year.

She has interviewed Novak, his team, his coaches and many others. She also touches on what happened after winning. A must read!!

The book is coming out in 2 weeks in English and on May 24 in France.

I can't wait. :bounce:

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My two faves, Nole and Masha, are publishing their books in the same time, cant wait! :heart:

I wont be able to watch this tournament unfortunately, but I just saw the highlights of Novak's match vs Simon. The BP conversion was really troubling in the first two set. And the shot selection can be a bit doubtful, he lost many easy putaway shots. I hope he can fix these issues soon.

If i have some time, i'll post some of Novak's interview during the tournament. Or if anyone can do that would be much appreciated :yeah:

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Escaped from the jaws of defeat once again! My heart :tears: He played such an incredible tennis up to this point below, and then he clowned around before turning it around at 4-4 15-40 behind.

Next should be Goffin.

·
Registered
791 Posts
He almost beat himself again.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I have no more words for him. Like seriously, what does he want to do with his career? I don't want to take these heart attacks during matches and heartbreaks like this anymore. It has been like that for almost a year already. I'm just so sad, so upset, so disappointed, so furious, so mad, you name it. Winning RG last year has seriously destroyed his career. Will he ever be back for real? We will never know. If he continues like this, I recommend retirement or taking a long break until he finds some desire and motivation again. Keep riding like this is not a good option, especially when you spend more time on meditation than on the tennis court.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Ugh after posting the comment, I just realized my iphone case is him. And I just made it 2 weeks ago :eek: How can I stop thinking about him and these losses when his face is always there?! Should I break it? :eek:

·
Registered
948 Posts
:awww: Don't break your case!

I agree it's horribly frustrating, but I was still more annoyed back in 2010 (with truly no serve to speak of). It's not as bad as then, and when you think about it he can still take 3 out of 4 GS lol.

He has to go out there and start playing, however tough it may be. I've heard from peeps close to him he's really good during practice, but actual competition is always gonna be different, you saw the doubts clearly taking the air out of his swing.

I don't really think he has any physical issues, it's all mental, which is of course trickier to solve.

But I gotta stand w him, however painful. Hate seeing lesser players get the best of him.
Let's hope the order is restored soon.:boxing:

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The thread is still in its first page and Novak has managed to break my heart and ruin this beautifully made thread :p:sobbing:

Me too, I'm just at lost of words on Novak, I really dont know what to say about his situation right now. I refuse to believe that he has no longer that flame and fire to win the big tournaments, but his attitudes say so unfortunately, especially Monte Carlo is his freaking second home. I hope I'm just wrong. It pains me to see him in situation again and again since last year, but it is what it is, no one can change it but Novak himself...

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Time is seriously running out for him..

First of all,he could have shut the door forever on Nadal and Fed..Instead he opened the door once again for them..With every mug like performance he is making things more and more difficult..

He had made so many blunders last one year,it is unbelievable..

First it was family then its elbow now its fuckin what...These all are just excuses Novak.....just excuses

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
This is very disappointing for all of us. He really was poised to beat all the recoords. The other day I watched the Doha finals and the AO SF last year. Novak was destroying the rest of the field... And then something happened inside his head. It started before RG, gradually, and he forced himself to achieve that goal. But I feel the dice were cast then.

There is nothing anybody can do. I have the intuition that Boris is as sad and disappointed as we all are.

I think he can come back. It's still not too late. but it's getting close. He really has to. It would be such a shame if he didn't.

But I'll be here, hoping that he finds his fire again. That he goes back to what worked.

Big hug, my friends. Big hug. :hug:

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So he fired Vajda. JFC i'm speechess

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Projected to meet Nishikori in the QF. Novak has 1000 points to defend here, so here goes nothing.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Completely shocking news to me. We can only hope for the best. It was the most loving split, though. Beuatiful words from everybody. They will remain friends forever.

Novak doesn't have an easy path, and Rafa is in his half.

I wish him all the best. Maybe this change will indeed rekindle the fire.

I must admoit I am facing the coming tournaments with a sense of trepidation.

All the best to our great warrior.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
I can't believe whart I'm reading. Apparently the new meme is to go after Novak's mental health.

The words psychotic, deep deprtession, psychiatric problems, madness, unhinged...you name it. The more disrespectful, the better.

Do these clowns think we don't remember their professional predictions when Novak hired Boris? They were writing Novak off, taking bets when Boris would be fired, predicting the end of Novak's career, giving expert analysis why Novak was doing such a stupid thing. It was all his craving for popularity, nothing to do with tennis... They were so wrong, so spectacularly wrong. .. You would think they would be a little embarrased and a little more cautious after being shown what complete idiots they were... But no: they are flaunting their mean-spiritedness, their envy, their wishful thinking, their schadenfreude. :lol:

Too much, really. I'm hoping Novak proves them wrong, for the millionth time. :lol:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts