Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

NEW INJURY AGONY FOR IVANISEVIC

Far away from the Australian Open, Goran Ivanisevic's low-profile comeback ended in misery on Thursday when a new injury flared up and ended his involvement in the Heilbronn Open Challenger tournament.

He was forced to quit his second-round match against Dutchman Raemon Sluiter at the £60,000 event in Germany because of pain in his left serving arm.

The 2001 Wimbledon champion was making his return from a serious shoulder problem which forced him to miss almost all the 2002 season, but he was left with no option other than to quit the match when trailing 4-0 to the second-seeded Sluiter.

"The pain was too much," said Ivanisevic.

"I'd felt it in training earlier."

He is set to travel on Friday to Munich where he will have his arm examined by the famed sports doctor Dr Hans-Wilhelm Muller-Wohlfahrt.

Ivanisevic had won the first match of his comeback against Andrei Stoliarov of Russia.

He is hoping to compete for Croatia in their Davis Cup tie against the United States in Zagreb which begins on February 7.

From sportinglife.com

Goran :sad:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Poor Goran...

·
Registered
444 Posts
Hey, its good he kept his humor though. :D

In an interview with cnnsi's World Sport when asked what he'll do to help heal his shoulder he answered and I quote "Everything,everything, I'll even go to Tibet!!!!" :D :D :D

·
Registered
24,655 Posts
goran will come back, he never say die :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts