Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, we visited the psychiatrist whom there was so much talk about. Her opinion is that Kostya does not have autism. Like she said: I see a regular child with speech difficulties. All problems in his behavior originate, in her opinion, in his damaged ability to speak. And the type of speech disorder that she suggested is less severe that what was suspected earlier. She sounded confident. I thought that she hasn't given enough time to him actually - the consultation lasted about 15 minutes. Maybe I'm getting paranoid, I don't know. I expected something more thorough. Than again, maybe it means that "the case is clear" so to speak. I'm confused.

She suggested that we get in-patient treatment in their clinic - psychologists and speech therapists once again - but if I want to go with him, we'll have to get there the next week, before Kostya turns 4. Kids older than 4 have to stay there alone - that's their rule. I think we'll decline, for now. Firstly, I don't want to meet his b-day in a hospital, plus after being with him in children infectionist ward a year ago and in children neurosurgery ward past autumn, I don't think I can bear a children psychiatry ward just yet.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
Sounds like good news, yeah :hug: And Happy Birthday to Kostya in advance! :kiss:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts